Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
as far as I know jolla scamed Lasu and they took a few hundred tousenda in in loses.
Dave, we all know that you will never give up ranting but seriously, "a few hundred thousand"? Jolla took orders for what, 2000 tablets? Even if every single one of them came with a Lastu case and Jolla did not get a bulk discount, it would still be only €78k.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Dave, we all know that you will never give up ranting but seriously, "a few hundred thousand"? Jolla took orders for what, 2000 tablets? Even if every single one of them came with a Lastu case and Jolla did not get a bulk discount, it would still be only €78k.
I'm talking dollars. Witch wasn't that high back then. Plus you don't know the numbers. And with bulk discount someone must pay the discount, guess who. Probobly lastu Either way, the number it's irrelevant. He asked what happend with the cases.

we don't know what happens except lastu twitt that they didn't got paid and jolla got the cases. Could be one of the reasons jolla got to court to be protected from lastu and others.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-04-30 at 17:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
man............. if we crowdfund your refund will you shut up with that crap once and for all??????

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
man............. if we crowdfund your refund will you shut up with that crap once and for all??????
You are onto something. I'd donate my initial refund from Jolla to satisfy this situation directly.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I'm pretty sure getting the money won't shut him up; he's on a roll and the refund is just a pretext for him...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I'm pretty sure getting the money won't shut him up; he's on a roll and the refund is just a pretext for him...
I am afraid you are right. Nevertheless I would like to see what happens IF there is a full refund. Maybe it was way too late, so he could continue ranting forever ....

Admittedly, at times its still amusing...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
we don't know what happens except lastu twitt that they didn't got paid and jolla got the cases. Could be one of the reasons jolla got to court to be protected from lastu and others.
No, we know that lastu was paid some time ago.
The ranting tweet from lastu was about not being paid in time but having to pay taxes meanwhile during the long wait.
They actually had a big loss until jolla finally paid which lastu also confirmed via tweet. sorry, i am too lazy to search whole Jolla tablet thread again for the links but i am quite sure the lastu situation is settled.

But yeah there should exist some paid, never shipped and to be 2nd refunded lastu cases somewhere. In Jolla HQ? Jaames,can you have a look in the drawer?

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
No, we know that lastu was paid some time ago.
The ranting tweet from lastu was about not being paid in time but having to pay taxes meanwhile during the long wait.
They actually had a big loss until jolla finally paid which lastu also confirmed via tweet. sorry, i am too lazy to search whole Jolla tablet thread again for the links but i am quite sure the lastu situation is settled.

But yeah there should exist some paid, never shipped and to be 2nd refunded lastu cases somewhere. In Jolla HQ? Jaames,can you have a look in the drawer?

Excellent. I haven't seen any intel like that but hope it is.

Guys, I don't need your money. Better to donate it Chen's campaign here or to your favorite help org.

What you can do is to write a letter to jolla, saying that you like to donate your second refund to them and that you hope the situation will be resolved soon.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Would be nice to have access again to the same lastu case that went with the crowdfunder (dark brown wood, single color).

I wonder if lastu would be open to it once this project is in the wild, or if they are burnt out on anything jolla.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
The presentatio in Hong Kong? Where and how can I attend?

EDIT: O, Asia World Expo! Nice! I can attend easily

Last edited by TMavica; 2017-05-01 at 00:15.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os