Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I truly doubt this. Sorry. But if it benefits a person unfairly, they'll oft rationalize it as "they're a big company" or "they've scammed others in the past" and silently keep it and call it a day.

Human nature is odd that way. Critically scrutinize everybody else, apply lesser rules to themselves.
I didn't actually believe what i typed, and agree with more along the lines of what you said. Rationalizations about karma or who knows what would be the likely justifications. Hopefully its a hypothetical that doesn't happen; i'm fatigued on this whole novela.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
I didn't actually believe what i typed, and agree with more along the lines of what you said. Rationalizations about karma or who knows what would be the likely justifications. Hopefully its a hypothetical that doesn't happen; i'm fatigued on this whole novela.
Rarely do I tend to assume, but I assumed that your biting sarcasm could have been altruistic, if not slightly naive.

Instead, my latter words either echo your intended sentiment and my initial words was unnecessary that I doubted your statement and the rest fell in line with what you were implying. Or my initial statement was an unnecessary entry/counter and I overlooked your original intent fully.

Either way, sounds as if we agree. This entire cluster**** of a situation has been handled in a way that's tiresome. And ultimately... I've rethought three crowdfunding projects since this fiasco - backed none since (to be honest) due to recently gained distrust.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I have heard claims that the Americans do not understand irony.
I do not like stereotypes like that but your post proves it
I take absolutely no ill-will from this statement whatsoever. Sadly... it seems as if I have confirmed an oft-repeated stereotype. But gladly, I can laugh at myself quite easily and frequently.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So not even all that payed tax last year have got their devices. That means that Jolla manage to ship one tablet per day with current speed if 77 tablets was sent. That is fun info so it would take more than a year until all 463 sees the hands of their new owner.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

https://jolla.com/jobs/

Things are looking up, new jobs at jolla!

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by tommo View Post

So all that tablet money was to just pay themselves! What a scam!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
So all that tablet money was to just pay themselves! What a scam!
Indeed!

Fix your legacy before you hit you head in that wall again! If money is gone and no full refund happens it will be a double scam.

Wonder if they can find a new position for Marc dillon, he can come back and spearhead 'jolla tab 2'

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK

Good job, good for them!

However, under requirements for the Qt/QML Engineer, "have multiple years of experience in C/C++"... I wonder, what is that mysterious C/C++? Did they mean C and C++? What on earth do you need C for in Qt and QML programming?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
If money is gone and no full refund happens it will be a double scam.
Having seen your post for the past 6 months, I thought the double scam was reached back in December. This would be at least an octuple scam

Wonder if they can find a new position for Marc dillon,
I hope not. Some people here seem to like him for some strange reason but he is partly responsible for what Jolla is now - a horrible mess

I hope not. Some people here seem to like him for some strange reason but he is partly responsible for what Jolla is now - a horrible mess
I'm with you on that one!

It's good that they are looking forward again, but just makes me think they will end up in the same position of too many staff not enough income.

Having seen your post for the past 6 months, I thought the double scam was reached back in December. This would be at least an octuple scam
I'm with you on that one!

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund