Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Marxian: is the latest source already in extras-devel? As the version in qwazix alopex and extras-devel differed.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Built the latest source from git, and the Settings error returns:

Code:
plugin cannot be loaded for module "org.hildon.components": Cannot load library /opt/lib/qt4/imports/org/hildon/components/libhildonplugin.so: (/opt/lib/qt4/imports/org/hildon/components/libhildonplugin.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK20QDeclarativeSettings10metaObjectEv) 
     import org.hildon.components 1.0

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post

Code:
plugin cannot be loaded for module "org.hildon.components": Cannot load library /opt/lib/qt4/imports/org/hildon/components/libhildonplugin.so: (/opt/lib/qt4/imports/org/hildon/components/libhildonplugin.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK20QDeclarativeSettings10metaObjectEv) 
Hmm this looks like you have some header file which is not working with your library. I think you need to change the header file and find a different library to link or change the library on phone. I have seen this when I tried to help reverse engineering a sdk for motorola phones.

Last edited by Halftux; 2014-02-06 at 19:24.

I noticed that the fix for this hasn't been done at all. When applying the fix, I get an X Error
Code:
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
   Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
   Resource id:   0x3e00002
And nothing being showed.

Thought that rebuilding with latest git will fix the problem with FileBrowserDialog (enter /bin, go up, and you can't scroll).

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I don't know if this is related to hildon-components or the browser itself but I have noticed QML-browser doesn't use system fonts for most of it's text.

Also from some testing it seems to ignore some html meta tags that provide mobile skins of websites, opting to only show the desktop version.

Is there plan for further work on QML-browser?
Firstly, I'm sorry about the late replies. I've spent the last few months doing little besides writing code.

The font issue will be due to the components. I think they just use the default QML font. In future I'll be using QMaemo5Style for theme-related stuff.

As for the other issues, QML Browser is only intended to be a demo application. It would be nice to make it more than that in future, but it's a low priority.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Code:
Do you get this same error using the code in extras-devel? It's been a long while since I've touched the code, so the git source may well be different from that in extras-devel.

Most of the code in the library is going to be replaced soon, anyway. It's time to reinvent the wheel.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Do you get this same error using the code in extras-devel? It's been a long while since I've touched the code, so the git source may well be different from that in extras-devel.

Most of the code in the library is going to be replaced soon, anyway. It's time to reinvent the wheel.
Nope, extras-devel starts ok. It happened with qwazix's components too with QML Browser

Nope, extras-devel starts ok. It happened with qwazix's components too with QML Browser
Most likely the issue was fixed, and the source uploaded to devel, but not committed to git. In future, I'll be using the repository in my signature.

BTW, I have started work on 'widgetizing' the QML. QDeclarativeEngine is used to interpret the QML, and all the visual stuff is widgets. Once I have tidied up my existing code and added a few more components, I'll put the source on GitHub.

A quick 'Hello World' screenshot:

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
marxian, take a look, qml seems to render faster than QWidget: http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@li.../msg03434.html
at least according to thp

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
marxian, take a look, qml seems to render faster than QWidget: http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@li.../msg03434.html
at least according to thp
It doesn't really matter, since the performance of QWidget is more than good enough. I certainly have never noticed improved performance from using QML, even in fullscreen. I suspect scrolling performance is worse in QML, when the window is non-fullscreen (especially with more complex delegates). So that just leaves the other issues, like how to display top-level items (dialogs, menus etc) whilst retaining the standard status bar. If the top-level items are rendered in the QGraphicsScene, the saturation effect must be done also in the QGraphicsScene (otherwise it will be applied to the QGraphicsScene itself), and therefore will not be applied to the status bar. What about window management (there would only be one window, so the status bar would always have the 'close' button)?

We need something that works well for real-world use cases, not just a simplified example.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
hildon, qml components