Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I would like to request the option of having the default maemo status bar visible. It has the potential to be remarkably ubiquitous, give that it has controls to flashlight and the status bar icons can contain things that the user may wish to see on a regular basis (wifi signal applet, cpumem applet, camera lens reminder - don't use that last one but I know many do). Even more ubiquitous due to MohammadAG's mod of hildon-desktop and hildon-home that allows you to have the status menu come out of the status bar in portrait mode.

At the same time, I understand from using your program that that's probably not very convenient, because right now Columbus Navigation Toolkit is really well designed, and most of the UI elements are placed in a way that leaves little space for a status bar. So I don't recommend making that the default behavior.

But it would be nice if it was possible to have another button to bring out the status bar, or a settings option where you can chose whether or not to have the status bar showing.
Actually the UI adapts fine to the status area being shown. It is a feature that I had in an older version (instead of the dashboard button) so adding it back is no problem at all. I'll see what I can do

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Can it be used as external gps over bluetooth for my iPad?

like this link:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=611410

The Following User Says Thank You to 1ion For This Useful Post:
beautiful ui, one of the very best looking app i have across for maemo.

update - just installed it , wtf! its a very very beautiful app, no words to express how fantastic looking this app is. btw does it utilize gpu acceleration?

Last edited by tusharmax; 2010-12-24 at 09:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to tusharmax For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 1ion View Post
Can it be used as external gps over bluetooth for my iPad?

like this link:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=611410
Yes you should be able to, make sure you pair your bluetooth devices first and set your N900 to accept connections from the iPad automatically.

Originally Posted by tusharmax View Post
beautiful ui, one of the very best looking app i have across for maemo.

update - just installed it , wtf! its a very very beautiful app, no words to express how fantastic looking this app is. btw does it utiise gpu acceleration?
Currently I believe Qt has hardware accelerated rendering, but from my perspective it's all done in plain Qt. I have some plans to introduce some proper GLES magic in the new year

I'm really glad you like the user interface.

It's work!

My iPad get GPS date via bluetooth form N900!

Originally Posted by 1ion View Post
It's work!

My iPad get GPS date via bluetooth form N900!
Congratulations, let us know what iPad software seems to work well with it. I've personally only tested it with Nokia Maps on my Nokia N810

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Actually the UI adapts fine to the status area being shown. It is a feature that I had in an older version (instead of the dashboard button) so adding it back is no problem at all. I'll see what I can do
Oh, well if you've had it before that's wonderful. Much appreciated. I look forward to it, if you do include it. If not, the program is still pretty great.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Well apparently as seen in the snapshots, under "options" > "Display mode " that tab seems to be missing in real time ..or is it only with me ?

Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Congratulations, let us know what iPad software seems to work well with it. I've personally only tested it with Nokia Maps on my Nokia N810
JB and install "BTstack GPS" (cost $5) in Cydia.

Run Columbus in n900,menu>tools> enable bluetooth output.

Use BTstack GPS to connect n900

Then every soft in iPad can get GPS date.

Last edited by 1ion; 2010-12-24 at 11:48.

Tags
navigation, nokia n900