Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by scudderfish View Post
Do you have a publically visible SCM? I'd like to use your BT code in my own project and track any changes you make.

Regards,
Dave
I plan to put it into gitorious soon, haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll post here when it's ready, probably some time over the next few days.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Gonna install this and have a play about.

It actually reminds me of an app that I used to use on the N95. Can't remember what it was called, but it was available from Nokia Betalabs.
I actually tracked my whole 300 mile journey from Suffolk to Exeter and back again. Glad they had power points on the trains so I could recharge my battery.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
When starting the program while not connected to a network, & with Network Connection disabled in Tools, N900 prompts to select a network connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ New Hampshire, US
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Configuring and saving waypoints/landmarks is the next feature I plan on implementing.
I'd like to have it display the GPS time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
When starting the program while not connected to a network, & with Network Connection disabled in Tools, N900 prompts to select a network connection.
Assisted GPS, unfortunately that's out of my control :/

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bobh View Post
I'd like to have it display the GPS time.
Yeah, I'll add that, it's been on my minor tweaks list for ages as well

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Congratulations on the interface. Technically impressive and efficient. And at last a replacement on the n900 for the uninstallable mini-gpsd.

Waypoint averaging would be nice....

A festive time to all.....
HA

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
gave it a go this evening on my way home from work. Worked quite well, but a few suggestions, if I may.

A zoom or scroll function for the tracker screen, so the whole track can be reviewed would be nice.

Also the ability to save tracks for future reference at a later date. Would also be a nice touch if it was possible to "play back" saved tracks as well.

Otherwise, everything's looking good so far.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
gave it a go this evening on my way home from work. Worked quite well, but a few suggestions, if I may.

A zoom or scroll function for the tracker screen, so the whole track can be reviewed would be nice.

Also the ability to save tracks for future reference at a later date. Would also be a nice touch if it was possible to "play back" saved tracks as well.

Otherwise, everything's looking good so far.
Yeah, all those features are intended for v1.0 so expect them soon. On startup it'll load your previous logs when you've enabled file logging.

Zoom is currently available though not complete, you first have to press on the track view. Then you can use inc/dec buttons (aka volume keys) to zoom in and out.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I would like to request the option of having the default maemo status bar visible. It has the potential to be remarkably ubiquitous, give that it has controls to flashlight and the status bar icons can contain things that the user may wish to see on a regular basis (wifi signal applet, cpumem applet, camera lens reminder - don't use that last one but I know many do). Even more ubiquitous due to MohammadAG's mod of hildon-desktop and hildon-home that allows you to have the status menu come out of the status bar in portrait mode.

At the same time, I understand from using your program that that's probably not very convenient, because right now Columbus Navigation Toolkit is really well designed, and most of the UI elements are placed in a way that leaves little space for a status bar. So I don't recommend making that the default behavior.

But it would be nice if it was possible to have another button to bring out the status bar, or a settings option where you can chose whether or not to have the status bar showing.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-12-22 at 19:57. Reason: Forgot to mention MohammadAG's portrait status menu mod.

Tags
navigation, nokia n900