Notices

Anybody tried using this or followed its development?
It seems like a twitter app or actually a microblog app with support for twitter.
Link

We need to find a way to get all these developers to maemo.org or get their apps in extras or something.

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Fremont, CA
nosa101,
Thanks for introducing the app
Now, it's still developing and for some reason, I have not posted it to extras-devel, so you can download it from blog site[1] only.

[1] http://kimitakeblog.net/qwassr

The Following User Says Thank You to kimitake For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kimitake View Post
nosa101,
Thanks for introducing the app
Now, it's still developing and for some reason, I have not posted it to extras-devel, so you can download it from blog site[1] only.

[1] http://kimitakeblog.net/qwassr
thanks i stumbled across your blog through some random google fu. please update us as you progress.

do you have a deb for pr 1.1.1? I tried installing it and i had some missing dependencies

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
do you have a deb for pr 1.1.1? I tried installing it and i had some missing dependencies
Yes, one is for PR1.1.1 and another one is PR1.2 (maybe, because I have not the firmware yet .

Both require Qt4.6.2, so if you try PR1.1.1 version, please enable
extras-devel repository also.
Some libqt4-maemo5-xxx packages will come from the repository.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Just saw this in Ovi Store (FOC). Any recommendations? Useful? Who can we communicate with (only other Qwassr enabled devices?)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
I'm using it for Twitter, works well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Just thought I'd post an update, I'm now using QWassr as my first choice Twitter client (was using TwimGo prior). The interface is very clean, and the app is stable.

Some features that I really like:

1. Colour coding of tweets (blue for your tweets, red for responded tweets)
2. Shows you what service was used for the tweet (e.g. by xxx via yyy), with a URL to the service on Twitter
3. Useful Context menu options for Individual Tweets (Reply to Selected User, Reply to All, Quote Sender, Add to Favourite, Retweet, Delete, User Info)
4. The Reply to Selected User is very useful for tweets with multiple mentions (the UI gives you a popup dialog that lets you pick which user to reply to)
5. User assignable Auto Update interval (1 - 10 minutes)
6. Searches have a drop down box with historical searches you've made
7. You can stay in the search window and update

There are a few other nice features, all up this is a classy app, and I think deserves some recognition. Which reminds me, the devs blog site does not have a Donate Link. Anyone know where to send donations?

As per above, QWassr is available in Ovi Store.

Edit: Added Hyperlink

Last edited by travla; 2011-05-24 at 23:55. Reason: Added hyperlink.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
I'm currently having trouble logging into my account. My password had special characters in it, and when I ran it from the command line, it gave me an incorrect password error (the regular interface doesn't notify you when you type an incorrect password, it just returns a blank page). I tried typing the password a few times, and I am pretty sure it was correct.

I changed my password to not have any special characters, but I must have typed the wrong password too many times, because it locked me out for an hour.

The interface does look very nice from the screenshots, and it shows some definite promise. I'll review it more in an hour when I can get it to work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xur17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
I'm currently having trouble logging into my account.
Sorry, I have encountered same issue before and fixed it, but it seems that I need to investigate for other cases. In addition, currently QWassr does not show any error information when login fails, I will fix it also.

Originally Posted by travla View Post
There are a few other nice features, all up this is a classy app, and I think deserves some recognition. Which reminds me, the devs blog site does not have a Donate Link. Anyone know where to send donations?

As per above, QWassr is available in Ovi Store.
Hi travla, thank you for your comments. I'm happy to hear that you like some QWassr features. The app is still under development so I will continue to improve it and also support for other platform like symbian and MeeGo. If you have such devices please try it, too.

btw, the following blog entry has donate link
http://kimitakeblog.net/item/717

Last edited by kimitake; 2011-05-26 at 07:25.