Notices

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
And I'm sorry if I missed something obvious, but how do I get cards on to Mnemosyne for Maemo. I'm looking at importing some of the cards already compiled on the Mnemosyne website that seem to be in XML format.

See my previous post.

1) Either wait for beta9 ETA?
2) Install alpha Mnemosyne 2.0, import your flashcards and copy the resulting db over to the noka
3) Write/or hire someone to a script to do the above

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
Just installed the program and was amazed. Now I am going to give Esperanto a try. However, I think I am going to wait for the beta9.

Thank you very much for providing this program.

icke

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Minsk
Thank you, icke!

We are going to upload beta9 this Saturday or Sunday!
Import function will be available!

Hello!
We have released beta9!

Last changes:
* fixed bugs with text fields geometry in Input mode
* fixed bug with zero statistics information if there are no active cards or tags
* updated toolbar icon in Statistic mode
* implemented import from *.mem, *.xml and *.txt (tab separated Q/A) formats

In beta10 we are going to implement 'tags binding' feature for imported cards and of course more bug fixes

plastun,

As I hadn't read your comments before, I was very amazed to find the update available yesterday. Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately I imported but one file. That worked very well, thou. Even if 'tags binding' feature" was the first thing that came to my mind after I imported 300+ linux commands.

Today's my public transport day. So plenty of time to tinker with the program a little more.

Again, thank you very much.
icke

Just some short comments (my longer comments were lost in the internet). I had some issues installing xml files that I got from the mnemosyne project page. However, as I realized that I ran out of internal memory, I can't reproduce this error anymore. So its either a corrupt file or the database is to large. I keep on investigating.

The second issue is the storage of the database file on the internal memory. It tried to modify the config file and point to the external SD card. But either it doesn't work that way or my skills are to limited (that's were I would bet my money) to make it work. Are there any plans to change the working directory?

I tried to convert txt files and tagged them accordingly. I had some problems to check the right boxes (iirc the tags are selected in a different menu). However, in the end it worked like a charm.

So thanks again.
icke

Originally Posted by icke View Post
Just some short comments (my longer comments were lost in the internet). I had some issues installing xml files that I got from the mnemosyne project page. However, as I realized that I ran out of internal memory, I can't reproduce this error anymore. So its either a corrupt file or the database is to large. I keep on investigating.

The second issue is the storage of the database file on the internal memory. It tried to modify the config file and point to the external SD card. But either it doesn't work that way or my skills are to limited (that's were I would bet my money) to make it work. Are there any plans to change the working directory?

I tried to convert txt files and tagged them accordingly. I had some problems to check the right boxes (iirc the tags are selected in a different menu). However, in the end it worked like a charm.

So thanks again.
icke
Hello!

1) You can see the bug if you run mnemosyne in Terminal.
2) I'm not going to change the default database path - /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/mnemosyne soon.
3) Please, describe more about this problems.

I am going to fix bug with keyboard switching and make Tags mode faster soon. It will be in Beta12. And now I'm working on rewriting UI for Maemo 5.

1) Thanks for the advise. I'll try it next time.

2) I understand your motivation. Thanks. What I am going to try is to cut and past different databases and see if my "learning progress" will be prexerved.

3) My initial comment came from the top of my head. currently you select the tags by pressing the symbol top-left. What I would have expected is that I can change the tags by pressing the symbol in the middle "selected tags: ..."

icke

I've just started using this on my N800 and finding it perfect in all aspects but one.

The issue I'm having is that I'm using decks that I've created in Mnemosyne on Ubuntu, which import fine in Maemo, but I tend to add cards regarly on Ubuntu.

Is there some way to sync the two databases without losing progress history and/or ending up with duplicate cards on the N800?