Notices

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Germany
Hello,
I found this little project: http://altrepo.eu/git/purple-line.git/. After struggling for 3 hours to set up Thrift in Ubuntu I was able to compile and use it in Pidgin.

I have some experience in programming but not on Linux. Also none for N900.
So what do you think is it possible to cross compile this package for N900?
When someone has a ready to use cross compile Environment, can you try to compile it for maemo? =)

thanks

P.S. Hope it’s ok to post in very old threads.
SMS are cool, but sending them from Germany to Asia is also expensive .
And my first post!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Franz_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Germany
I tried to compile it by myself but ran into problems.
I installed Scratchbox http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...ment/Maemo_SDK and http://wiki.maemo.org/CSSU-thumb_too....7.2-linaro%29 to get a newer version of gcc.
I added extra, testing, dev repositories to get pidgin and libpurple-dev libs.
And installed boost_1_56_0 by hand and compiled thrift-0.9.1 (I failed some tests with networking but was able to install it).
Finally I tried to compile purple-line but I get strange compiler errors:
Code:
[sbox-FREMANTLE_ARMEL_GCC472: ~/purple-line/purple-line-04279d7] > make
g++ -g -Wall -shared -fPIC -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DPURPLE_PLUGINS `pkg-config --cflags purple thrift` -std=c++11 -c purpleline.cpp -o purpleline.o
purpleline.cpp: In member function 'std::string PurpleLine::conv_attachment_add(PurpleConversation*, line::ContentType::type, std::string)':
purpleline.cpp:324:12: error: 'to_string' is not a member of 'std'
purpleline.cpp: In member function 'PurpleLine::Attachment* PurpleLine::conv_attachment_get(PurpleConversation*, std::string)':
purpleline.cpp:332:17: error: 'stoi' is not a member of 'std'
purpleline.cpp: In member function 'void PurpleLine::handle_message(line::Message&, bool)':
purpleline.cpp:395:32: error: 'to_string' is not a member of 'std'
purpleline.cpp:396:29: error: 'to_string' is not a member of 'std'
purpleline.cpp:508:31: error: 'stoi' is not a member of 'std'
purpleline.cpp:513:31: error: 'to_string' is not a member of 'std'
purpleline.cpp:515:31: error: 'to_string' is not a member of 'std'
purpleline.cpp: In lambda function:
purpleline.cpp:760:35: error: 'stoll' is not a member of 'std'
purpleline.cpp: In member function 'PurpleCmdRet PurpleLine::cmd_history(PurpleConversation*, const gchar*, gchar**, gchar**, void*)':
purpleline.cpp:909:21: error: 'stoi' is not a member of 'std'
purpleline.cpp: In member function 'PurpleCmdRet PurpleLine::cmd_open(PurpleConversation*, const gchar*, gchar**, gchar**, void*)':
purpleline.cpp:945:9: error: 'stoll' is not a member of 'std'
purpleline.cpp: In member function 'std::string PurpleLine::conv_attachment_add(PurpleConversation*, line::ContentType::type, std::string)':
purpleline.cpp:325:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
make: *** [purpleline.o] Error 1
The source code should be fine so it must be something in my system.

I also tried to compile the example helloworld from http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...K_Installation and get
Code:
[sbox-FREMANTLE_ARMEL_GCC472: ~/test] > gcc -Wall -g helloworld.c -o helloworld
/scratchbox/compilers/linaro-4.7-2012.07-fremantle-armv7a/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.22 assertion fail ../../../sources/binutils-2.22/bfd/elf32-arm.c:11467
/scratchbox/compilers/linaro-4.7-2012.07-fremantle-armv7a/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.22 assertion fail ../../../sources/binutils-2.22/bfd/elf32-arm.c:11467
/scratchbox/compilers/linaro-4.7-2012.07-fremantle-armv7a/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.22 assertion fail ../../../sources/binutils-2.22/bfd/elf32-arm.c:11477
/scratchbox/compilers/linaro-4.7-2012.07-fremantle-armv7a/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.22 assertion fail ../../../sources/binutils-2.22/bfd/elf32-arm.c:11477
but it worked before the installation of Gcc4.7.2-Linaro.

Any suggestions?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Franz_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Did anyone tried to compile whatsapp-purple plugin for Pidgin?

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post: