Problem:
If your country is not included in the list we regret that we currently can't serve you.
As soon as my country is not listed, it's not possible for me to preorder/donate to this project. As I seen on the main topic, i'm not the only one.

Update from 18/01/2014: pichlo was kind enough to serve as our proxy for preorders, you can read his terms and conditions at this post.

Last edited by DDark; 2014-01-18 at 00:47.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
It depends on where you live. How is import tax dealt with (in general)?

The Following User Says Thank You to jessi3k3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jessi3k3 View Post
It depends on where you live. How is import tax dealt with (in general)?
In my specific case(Israel) the tax(16%) is payed on delivery. But I'm talking in general, if it's possible to put all that stuff on some third-party company, maybe the project can get more support.

The Following User Says Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
AIUI, the problem is not so much shipping as it is automatic verification of payment details for the donations/preorders. Currently only the countries on the list have the option and the system is not set up to bypass that.

How difficult would it be to add a "rest of world" entry to the list without automatic verification? Kinda like when booking Ryanair flight tickets: there is a list of countries for insurance, plus "don't insure me".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
AIUI, the problem is not so much shipping as it is automatic verification of payment details for the donations/preorders. Currently only the countries on the list have the option and the system is not set up to bypass that.

How difficult would it be to add a "rest of world" entry to the list without automatic verification? Kinda like when booking Ryanair flight tickets: there is a list of countries for insurance, plus "don't insure me".
The problem is as well (and basically most of it) in "we don't know how to ship to there".
There's stuff like customs, special problems, simple problems, pseudo solutions, and even weird stuff like CoCom and equivalents
Until we found a logistics service that handles global shipping for us, we can't do quite a number of destinations, mostly because we don't know about the details, but sometimes also because we can't satisfy the requirements regarding papers and whatnot.

Sorry
jOERG

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I would naively say that customs etc are the recipient's problem. After all, a lot of eBay sellers ship worldwide, quoting outrageous shipping times to cover their asses (like 60 days to Russia). But hey, you are the boss!

Just one more question. Should someone, purely hypothetically, volunteer to play Santa Claus and donate 3 (or 30) times on behalf of poor orphans from unsupported countries, would that translate to 3 (or 30) separate units?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
So that means I gotta just stop and wait? Can't donate?

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Just one more question. Should someone, purely hypothetically, volunteer to play Santa Claus and donate 3 (or 30) times on behalf of poor orphans from unsupported countries, would that translate to 3 (or 30) separate units?
Why not, as long as it is handled by 3 (or 30) separate donations?

If you're thinking about the same thing that I'm thinking, there is 0 problem with someone from supported countries to collect money from people living in unsupported countries, getting Neo900's, then shipping them one by one to final recipients. The latter would only lose on 2x (roughly) shipping costs. And, Santa Claus would have shitload of packages to sent, but he is Santa after all, so he is used to it, yep?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
The problem is as well (and basically most of it) in "we don't know how to ship to there".
Will it make this easier for you if we prepare list of interested users and their countries ?

The Following User Says Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
Will it make this easier for you if we prepare list of interested users and their countries ?
For sure will be interesting, but I don't see how it can help us out of the mess that is international shipping, when even UPS for example refuses to ship to private address in Russia.

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, shipping