My weekly battery usage on F5122.
Not very intense usage, however.
Android on, 2 SIMs on, WIFI on.
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Could.someone explain what these do, or point to a wiki of sort?
=> https://together.jolla.com/question/...-on-sailfishx/

You may also look into mcetool documentation.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to objectifnul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
I'd love to know what works for you. SMS works fine, but MMS just hangs.

Another question: is it SFOS or the Xperia that requires a reboot if you remove the sim while booted up? Also: anyone have problems booting while a microSD is in the tray? My Xperia will only give the white SONY screen and do nothing else if the microSD is in the tray. Could it be due to the formatting of the card? Even though it works if I insert after booting (but then the sim won't work, and I can't reboot...).
Data Access Point:

Connection Name: whatever you want
Access Point Name: epc.t-mobile.com
Protocol: Dual
Authentication: None

MMS Access Point:

Connection Name: whatever you want
Access Point Name: epc.t-mobile.com
Protocol: IPv6
Authentication: None
Proxy Address: Leave blank
Proxy Port: Leave blank
MMS message center: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

I keep it on 4G and manually select T-mobile under network selection.

These are the only settings that work reliably - every time. Every other APN, proxy, or configuration has worked only intermittently. This is flawless!

Edit: also, to address your other issues...

I had a Super Patriot 32GB microsd that behaved strangely in the phone, if I booted it with it, it would exhibit the same behavior and stay on the white Sony screen. If I inserted it while the phone was running, I could see it with lsblk, but I never could get any partition table to work on it. The phone hated that card. I swapped it for another 32GB Samsung card I had in a raspberry pi and it worked the first try. Not sure if it's because the card is dying, or what, but it simply would not function with it.

Also, I've popped a SIM in while the device is running and restarted ofono with "devel-su systemctl restart ofono.service" and it picked it up.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
Sailfish is a true multitasking system (I clearly hear Apple fanbois woohooing). Sailfish doesn't enforce memory/network/CPU/background limits, thus an app could actually waste 100% CPU cycles even in background.

Native Sailfish apps have to be well-behaved. Currently it's easy to spot a new app wasting resources for no reason... because most of native apps are actually well-behaved (thanks also to Qt/QML).

With the exception of old batteries (many hundreds of recharge cycles), if Sailfish wastes too many milliamperes then most probably you have to blame some Android app.
I confirm, in my past experience with a Jolla 1, Android has always been the most awefull power-hungry explanation of battery drop.

Worst offenders seemed to be online chat application.

I've mitigiated by :
  • Switching Facebook, Messenger and Skype, to Facebook Lite, Messenger Lite and Skype Lite (that last one might not be available on the Play Store in your territory, you might need to get it from apkmirror). Saddly no such thing as official WhatsApp Lite, yet.
  • in Settings -> Apps -> turn off background alert on any app that I don't explicitely need.
  • replace as many application with native apps (e.g: my sports tracker is MeeRun).
  • when not needed (e.g.: when I don't need to receive WhatsApp messages), shut down alien-dalvik (you can even add a toggle switch on the notification pane using a plugin from CoDeRus)

That has *tremendously* helped both battery life and memory/swap pressure.

I haven't installed enough (bovine manures) on the Xperia X to be affected by battery problems.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Can anyone tell where the bluetooth settings for paired devices are stored? Tried to search, but did not find.

The problem is my brother's phone to get paired with Nissan Qashqai. Had same problem with AquaFish. Somehow managed to pair (to enter car requested PIN 1234 to phone) when car bluetooth device was found as a new device. Now phone already has the car bt listed after the first trial pairing had failed and now does not show option to give PIN code.
Maybe if the current settings are deleted pairing can be done.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
If you enable Bluetooth the paired devices will appear in settings, long press on one to delete the pairing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
If you enable Bluetooth the paired devices will appear in settings, long press on one to delete the pairing.
My bad.
It is not paired, but listed all the time as a nearby device. And cannot be removed from the list using long press.
And when trying to pair, it will be rejected by car bt, as incorrect (if any) PIN is given.
It was the same case with AquaFish, but with many trials I finally managed to pair, also yesterday when tested. It was managed when phone found the car bt while searching, not when it already was listed as nearby device.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Can confirm, i have the same issue with an unkown bt device i picked up while scanning for my pebble while in public.
That unkown MAC adress is always shown as nearby now.
Would be cool to know where to edit the entries on low level.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Code:
# ls -la /var/lib/bluetooth/YOUR-MAC/...
try deleting specific entry there

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Code:
# ls -la /var/lib/bluetooth/YOUR-MAC/...
try deleting specific entry there
How many times I looked those files there, but could not see the device names in there. Now I see, thanks.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x