/etc/ofono/ril_subscription.conf

and my /var/lib/ofono/ folder is empty
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=93

For ofono fix

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
whooo hoo. no meetings!

Seriously, that makes exchange pretty much useless.
I know exactly what you mean! My whole workplace uses outlook for everything, all the meeting we set-up are done through it. Not having the ability the accept/decline meetings is really bad

If you want to help, cast your vote!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Did some photos at house with just lamps, so the brightness of the scene is not excellent. It seems to me that the autofocus is not working well. At a first glance the photos look great compared to Jolla C due to much better color reproduction.

But zooming into the pictures reveals them to be quite blurry, as if the focus was a bit off. In fact when tapping to get focus, to plain eye it seems there's a more focused version when it's calibrating, but the camera chooses less optimal version.
Is this specific to Sailfish X or does a vanilla Xperia X behave in a similar way?

The size, price and issues mentioned in this thread (in that order) made me decide to stay away from Sailfish X but I have been considering an Xperia phone for my daughter for Christmas.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I have been considering an Xperia phone for my daughter for Christmas.
Shh! What if your daughter secretly reads TMO?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Is this specific to Sailfish X or does a vanilla Xperia X behave in a similar way?
One of the main selling points of the X is the camera - this is a sailfish problem, not hardware.

This review has lots of sample pics

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
One of the main selling points of the X is the camera - this is a sailfish problem, not hardware.

This review has lots of sample pics
At least parts of the reduced quality in Sailfish is most likely due to the removed / missing DRM features. We have to compare pictures from SFOS with those taken by an aosp rom to see os-specific differences.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Shh! What if your daughter secretly reads TMO?
That is VERY unlikely. I feel pretty safe in that regard

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I have been considering an Xperia phone for my daughter for Christmas.
Will that replace her old Android 2.3 tablet? :P

BTW, there is a pink edition (rose gold?) of Xperia X which should suits ladies well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Will that replace her old Android 2.3 tablet? :P
She has an Android 5.1 tablet . The 2.3 is a phone and yes, it is about replacing it.

BTW, there is a pink edition (rose gold?) of Xperia X which should suits ladies well.
Yes, I was thinking about the rose gold. But not X, it is waaaay too large. X Compact is better but she does not like the square edges. I am considering Z1 Compact or a different make altogether.

Would Sail work on Z1 Compact? If there is even a slight chance that it might then I may consider getting one for myself too.

Last edited by pichlo; 2017-10-16 at 07:20. Reason: typo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by almaviva View Post
I'm not really comfortable with this since the whole idea of moving to Sailfish is to keep the own privacy... but in this case I will do it anyway to help to find a solution. Since I am not familiar with linux I am not sure which information might be sensitive in this huge amount of output. I deleted some lines - please tell me immediately if I overlooked something.

So I entered "dmesg | tail", inserted the 128GB card and entered "dmesg". Attached you will find the result.

I very much appreciate the help of the community. But because I'm drowning in work this will be my last post for the next days - but I am eagerly watching the search for a solution... Thank you all!
Thanks for the log file. First of all, let me assure you after a quite look that it does not seem to contain any sensitive data.
But it does contain the relevant parts which cause the mounting of the sd card to fail:
[ 1.352682] mmc1: sdhci_msm_execute_tuning: no tuning point found
[ 2.092511] mmc1: sdhci_msm_execute_tuning: no tuning point found
[ 2.830979] mmc1: sdhci_msm_execute_tuning: no tuning point found
[ 3.572068] mmc1: sdhci_msm_execute_tuning: no tuning point found
[ 4.322034] mmc1: sdhci_msm_execute_tuning: no tuning point found
[ 4.361204] mmc1: mmc_sd_init_card() failure (err = -5)
This is the same error that other users are reporting over at TJC: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-not-detected/
Unfortunately, my knowledge of sd cards and their implementation in linux is not sufficient to solve this issue. From what I understand from the source code of the sdhci_msm module, thus "tuning" check which fails for you is only done for a specific type of cards ("SDR104, HS200 and HS400 cards and if clock frequency is greater than 100MHz in these modes."), so maybe it fails for all people who use such a card. It's also possible that there is an issue inside Sailfish. All I can recommend right now is that you get in touch with the Jolla customer service (and mention this post or the one on TJC) so they can take a look at this issue.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x