Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
^ only 5 posts causing an emotional rollercoaster
Fingers crossed 24/7. Thanks for the update chen <3

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smatkovi View Post
how do you know?
I just went through the comments and that was the last bit of information, turns out this not true so I retract my statement .
Beginning to think sailfish on a tablet is jinxed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I just went through the comments and that was the last bit of information, turns out this not true so I retract my statement .
Beginning to think sailfish on a tablet is jinxed.
Its a curse. A CURSE, I tell you!

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Really hoping that this will get done and come to backers for real.

Already this month lost my money on Solu machines going under so two times withing one month would really make me start losing my trust for the "small players" and crowndfunding.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
I'm trying to push Michael for update. He had some problem with components dealer. This product only had less than 800 units, supplier won't sell him anything under 3000. Nor the factory line. It's getting close to end of year industry is getting full powered it's no longer possible doing batch of 1000 any more. I'm helping him to work with Jolla more closely so that Jolla can help getting more orders which will ultimately solve the problem.
Wouldn't that 800 cover the orders so far for the tablet?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
Wouldn't that 800 cover the orders so far for the tablet?
I understood this to mean that around 800 units are currently needed (IGG pledges + possibly a few extra ones for demonstration and development purposes), but in the run-up to Christmas the minimum order size for the factory and at least one of the components is 3000.

It seems to me that there are basically two possibilities: either promote the tablet harder and push the number pledged/sold to 3000, or wait until the Christmas rush is over and factories are prepared to handle an order of 1000 again.

Please correct me if I am wrong....

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I'm trying to push Michael for update. He had some problem with components dealer. This product only had less than 800 units, supplier won't sell him anything under 3000. Nor the factory line. It's getting close to end of year industry is getting full powered it's no longer possible doing batch of 1000 any more. I'm helping him to work with Jolla more closely so that Jolla can help getting more orders which will ultimately solve the problem.
This should certainly come as no surprise. Low Order numbers were to be expected, no? Your funding goal was achieved even with just 800pcs, so you should be prepared to realize the campaign with that. If production is dependent on higher Order count, IMO you should have set your funding goal accordingly, or at the very least mention this obstacle beforehand! Even if you expected more pieces ordered, surely that Information ("we're not going to produce batches under 3000") would have been easy to obtain *before* you started telling everyone that this is a sure thing.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
I still don't quite understand how is it possible to order a batch of 1000+ devices without prototype sample. What if entire batch will be flawed?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
I still don't quite understand how is it possible to order a batch of 1000+ devices without prototype sample. What if entire batch will be flawed?
Didn't Jolla ship about a thousand prototype samples?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Didn't Jolla ship about a thousand prototype samples?
Doubt that. Shipped around 540. The used a few for dev and test(60 would be more than enough). But I hope they dident Stael 400 tablets from Backers.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-09-20 at 17:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os