Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Edit: I totally forgot, I also asked about what an NDA is and why it's needed for developer loaner devices from the xda article published. No answer to that either...
One question... Have You done any developing/testing for uncoming device/software before?

Is there/here mirror anywhere?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Why are we talking about NDAs? Poeple who signed NDA should obviously not be in this thread or twitter and talk about it.

I think it’s actually embarrassing that we need NDAs in the first place. So if poeple don’t trust me it’s no point in doing buissniess. Why help/work for anyone who don’t trust you. not pointing fingers here. It’s just an open question while we are on the subject and waiting for some kind of news.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2019-02-04 at 23:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
There I can help you. A Non Disclosure Agreement basically is any signed agreement in the form of:
"You can work on this, but don't tell anybody about these things you see and do."

They are very common when dealing with any bigger companies.

You want to develop drivers for this hardware in your new mobile phone? Sure! We want to sell it as you know. We will even give you details about how our hardware works so you can optimize them better. We just require you to sign here, that you do not tell anybody about the hardware, so our rival can not copy the technology.

Thats the mindset behind NDAs, and in their basic form they are very justified.

Like any legal agreement they tend to get complicated and sometimes bad companies try to exploit that. For example Nvidia recently tried to include a clause which said:

that lead to the press leaking the NDA contract and making a scandal out of it. In the full text of the NDA the sentence continues and is not as bad as it sounds.
That doesn't sound very friendly for developing open source community driven Android builds like like lineageos and custom room support. Correct me if I'm wrong...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
That doesn't sound very friendly for developing open source community driven Android builds like like lineageos and custom room support. Correct me if I'm wrong...
I think you are wrong. It’s basically up to the two parties how they want to play. And if both are in agreement I see no issue?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
NDA so Samsung don’t copy a qwerty slider

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
One question... Have You done any developing/testing for uncoming device/software before?

Is there/here mirror anywhere?
No I have not
But that's what I'm confused about. Is the development access before the device is released or will the NDA stand for any devs that want to get involved post launch? I highly doubt the device will have lineage support at launch but will be impressed if it does.
Will there be free loaner devices post launch? That's what I'm wondering. I guess you kinda answered my question, thanks for that

Originally Posted by tommo View Post
As bad as that sounds, it would probably be a good thing...

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Aside that they are very busy, he is not responsible to you to give you answers on these things. Try asking the same questions to Samsung or Apple. I wonder what will happen.
Agreed he doesn't owe me (or any of us for that matter) anything. But he is free to do as he wishes, as am I. If I'm frustrated at the lack of detail, and am posting here to uncover as much as I can for the community, isn't that what forums are for?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Agreed he doesn't owe me (or any of us for that matter) anything. But he is free to do as he wishes, as am I. If I'm frustrated at the lack of detail, and am posting here to uncover as much as I can for the community, isn't that what forums are for?
Good luck. Not gonna happen

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Ehm....
10 chars

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
n950 revival, q-device, qwerty keyboard, sailfishos, sailingchen