My 770 was dead and I want to buy a new tablet. I know the N810 has a slide keyboard. But other that that, what is the major difference between N800 and N810? Thanks!

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
A major difference is that the N800 has two standard SD memory card slots, one inside, one outside. This is an advantage for two reasons. First, I can remove the standard size SD from my older digital camera and insert in into my external slot in my N800. Next, standard size SD cards are cheaper to buy. I bought my 16gb for $29. Also, the lens for the camera rotates from back to front view. Also, all N800's have built in FM radios.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2008-12-21 at 05:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the information. Is there a big difference in terms of speed? My old N770 was extremely slow before it was dead.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
No difference in terms of speed. N810 has keyboard, which makes a lot more apps work with it (there is no need for a virtual keyboard or "hildonization")

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
Besides what Den has mentioned, N810 has GPS -- this is the main reason to buy GPS if you use it.

Speed wise, N800 is the same as N810 -- no difference since both uses the same CPU. It is faster than N770. It runs at 400mhz (I think N770 runs at 330mhz).

So buy N810 if you need GPS and/or slide-out keyboard. Otherwise, save money by just buying N800.

I'm going to echo what several others have already posted.

If I had to choose, today, I'd still go with the N800. I bought one when it had only been out for a few months, and I wouldn't trade it for a N810, today.

Two full-sized SDHC slots are a huge advantage, IMO, and I'm assuming a N800 is a little less pricey, now.

The N810 has a hardware keyboard, which is convenient if you plan on doing much typing. BT or USB keyboards are always an option, and I only use a keyboard with my tablet very rarely. The onscreen is good enough for nearly everything I do.

GPS isn't something I've been interested in. I do fine with downloading my planned route before I leave. I think some people are having trouble with the built-in gps, too. BT GPS may be a superior option, but regardless it's not something I would personally use very often.

My $.02

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Bulgaria
Do not forget FM radio that N800 have :-)

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I do like the n810 more, because it is smaller, looks nicer and also because of the transflective screen you can read outside very good (the n800 have a reflective screen, that is unreadable outside...)

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
Not only does the N800 have 2 FULL SIZED SD slots, but the N810 only has 1 MINI SD slot. So it really only has a quarter of the space.

If it wasn't for that 1 storage factor I would have upgrade to a N810 by now, as I would like the gps, keyboard and transreflective screen.

I may make the leap if WiMax service comes to my town, but in the mean time I'll keep chugging along on my N800.

Thanks for those information! I think I'll probably go with the N800, although the GPS function on N810 is nice. The price difference is not a big concern for me.
Anyone knows when the next Gen tablet will be available? I really hope it has a phone function because I don't want to bring too many things with me...