Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by eson View Post
Sorry, can't make it this time. I don't own a bike, and at this time of year, they are very rare where I live. But I can still vote...?
Yes YES!

And absolutely everyone looking at kinggos wrap-up or takes the time to ride that bike of a thread can vote

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
#8 Halftux
......because it's cannondale No, I like that blue green graffiti scene

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
The entries of Koiruus and kinggo totally got me, because they remind me very much of my old MTB days.
Especially Koiruus's story of randomly disappearing trails brings back old memories. But in the end this contest is about photos, and here kinggo's perspective gets me more, simply because it shows "moar bicycle".
So, kinggo it is for me!

That being said, I like how we have entries of a lot of different bike types, ranging from Fatbikes over regular MTBs, daily commuters, to ste-phan's "half-racer". And even having endso's Mofa is nice for the fun of it.
I'm a bit disappointed though, that we have no entries of true road bikes or similar high-speed bicycles (e.g. triathlon or cyclocross).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
My vote goes to Koiruus.

That picture shows a bike I would love to ride and a place where I would like to ride with it. And it has this freedom aspect: You can ride everywhere!

I would have taken the picture from a bit more left to show more of the bike but it is still my choice.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Either using 40Eur to get a 24mb ram module for Compaq Contura 420c to get MenuetOs running from a floppy or trying to figure out how to get the full install of FreeDos installed only with floppies and stick with the 8mb ram. And off topic we go! I blame Koiruus entry for that. The freedom took me with it.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
koiruus
kingo
mosen
halftux
all other
are nice pictures with nice bikes but I have to follow mosen for same arguments (and I add the story to it )
and vote for maemish

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I would have taken the picture from a bit more left to show more of the bike
Just a hint:
If you have the choice, always photograph a bicycle from the right side, because that's the interesting side due to the drive train!
That's especially true if you photograph a bicycle to sell it, because experienced buyers will want to judge the condition of the bike, and a good photo of the drive train will show if you've taken good care of the bike (wear, rust, dirt). If you don't show it, people might think you want to hide it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 458 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
My vote goes to #6 mosen

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pentona For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
Just a hint:
If you have the choice, always photograph a bicycle from the right side, because that's the interesting side due to the drive train!
That's especially true if you photograph a bicycle to sell it, because experienced buyers will want to judge the condition of the bike, and a good photo of the drive train will show if you've taken good care of the bike (wear, rust, dirt). If you don't show it, people might think you want to hide it.
And not only that. On some forums, like pinkbike etc, there's written or unwritten rules on how one should set the bicycle for the photo. For example, cranks horizontally with right side crank facing forward, tires positioned on the wheels so the logos on the tires face to valves on rims, both tire logos positioned to 12 o'clock and so on... EDIT: Here's even instructions how to take a good photo about a bike: https://cyclingtips.com/2015/11/how-...-of-your-bike/

But the vote. My vote goes to #8 Halftux, Cannondale, n900.

Last edited by Koiruus; 2019-11-28 at 01:11.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
EDIT: Here's even instructions how to take a good photo about a bike: https://cyclingtips.com/2015/11/how-...-of-your-bike/
That article is ridiculous on so many levels!
Instead of writing it, the author should have better spent his time riding his bike.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition