hi ,
first of all its a good news for everyone that pr1.3 will be releasing soon and meego will be the main feature of that update

so i heard that i need to have maximum 60-70mb free in rootfs to update into next PR which is PR1.3
so i have 39.79 mb of space left in my rootfs . i checked thru Conky

so is it true that i need 60-70mb free in rootfs to update to the next Pr1.3 when it comes out .. or will i be able to update with this much free space in rootfs (39.79)

so if i need to clear my rootfs in order to make PR1.3 update work when it releases , then what steps to follow ?

thanx in advance

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Hmm..who told you this? I don't know about the size issue but meego will most definitely not come with PR1.3 or any other PR upgrade either for that matter.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
one of my friend here on the forum ....

ok .. i know the pr1.3 will not feature meego at tiself ..
but the meego UI will be more stable with this update and the dual boot will also be more stable from this update..
Meego will be released for Developers who will in turn like always do a mighty favour on everyone of us by releasing the meego port in some days(weeks) so we can also test it on our n900 ..

but my question is , shud i worry about the update if my rootfs has only 39.79 mb left ?
im a noob .. thats why im asking this question ...

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
yes, they might be released at the same time as they said on the official meego site that pr 1.3 will have a dual boot update of both meego and maemo.. im not sure if you really need that amount of rootfs... but what i know it should be 40 and above... just make sure you have enough.. so u wont encounter any problems when the update comes..

The Following User Says Thank You to chase15 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
I remember PR 1.2 and I had too little free RootFS for the update. what I did was to turn off all the repositories in the App Manager, reboot and then there was just enough. I don't know for certain, but removing some apps might help get you closer to whatever the new fw will need. Hope that helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to dharder For This Useful Post:
thanx both of u
once the Pr1.3 releases i will remove the repositories and turn off the device , and if that didnt help then i will remove some unwanted apps ....
thanx again

To be honest, the best idea is to backup all your data, then do a fresh install using the Nokia flasher. That way, you get rid of any lingering issues, and make sure you don't leave any "trash" behind.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Hmm..who told you this? I don't know about the size issue but meego will most definitely not come with PR1.3 or any other PR upgrade either for that matter.
Lol i did, but the number was 50-60 mb's

Latest update (PR1.2) i needed 50,5 to update OTA and read someone needing 55 and slightly above that. So to be on the save side i told ali 50-60...

So Ali either just delete some apps and check if it will update, if not delete some more untill it does (when the time comes), thats what i did last time (at the moment i'm on 27 and don't give it any thoughts)...

If you want a clean start do as robbie says, backup and use he nokia updater/flasher

Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs_space

The above should help to some extent..I follow instructions from above link...

(Can anybody tell me what is the Xterm command that will help me to see which application is occupying more rootFS ?)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yogi900 For This Useful Post: