Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
If you lazy and edit every pic, you’ll start to shoot only the good ones

My guess that this vignette is due to camera module Being super thin, we got no camera bump and half of the phone went to display part.
But isn't it the same module used in some other, more-known device and without vignetting? Too lazy to google which device it would be though. But, being a quite hi-tec module with dual censor & such, I'd say it's more like software issue than hardware. Which means it can be fixed, I hope.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
But isn't it the same module used in some other, more-known device and without vignetting? Too lazy to google which device it would be though. But, being a quite hi-tec module with dual censor & such, I'd say it's more like software issue than hardware. Which means it can be fixed, I hope.
EskeRahn on community.fxtec sent an invert example of vignette from one of the preproduction units, so it more seems like an software issue.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
...software issue.
By definition, vignetting is either mechanical (light is blocked by external objects), optical (rear lens elements are shaded by elements in front of them) or natural and in digital photography also pixel vignetting (related to angle dependency of sensor pixels).
So it can be compensated either by pre settings to obtain image or by post-processing.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
So it can be compensated either by pre settings to obtain image or by post-processing.
Software issue My guess that any modern phone is doing some sort of compensation for that.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Yeah, modern phones tend to do a lot of post processing to the images. Big amount of it is a good thing, but there's also features I don't like, for example that stupid fake-bokeh and some skin enhancement stuff... But as proven, vignetting is often, if not always caused by the lens, but it is compensated by post processing in devices. And our Pro1 is missing something in the processing..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I have to say that at the moment I am jealous to all of you with a new device. But I have just found this N900 couple of years ago and fell in love with this little creature so now I just hope so much of Leste. I don't need a better camera, I don't need a faster processor, I don't need a better keyboard, I don't need more ram. All I need is updated system with possibility to get updated programs and a well working browser. So for me Leste will probably be enough and I stay on this island. Probably have to start to learn coding.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
...I am jealous to all of you with a new device.... So for me Leste will probably be enough and I stay on this island. ...
Same.
I would like sooo much but don't need it really.
My n900s are still so brave and capable.

By the way, do Pro1 allow raw image to be used?
I love this feature on the n900. It makes editing much wider.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
By the way, do Pro1 allow raw image to be used?
I love this feature on the n900. It makes editing much wider.
Since it has Camera2 API, it definitely should .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by netman View Post
Since it has Camera2 API, it definitely should .
IMHO That's the way cameras should be compared.
As software treatment can be changed over time, the real thing is the raw result.
This is the base from where the image is built. Better base probably means better result.

edit: I mean: raw, by definition cannot be displayed.
But raw images should be compared after a neutral and identical interpretation/treatment.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
IMHO That's the way cameras should be compared.
As software treatment can be changed over time, the real thing is the raw result.
This is the base from where the image is built. Better base probably means better result.
This is very true, and some really important things can be learned. Some types of noise are inherently easier to filter out than others etc... If I don't forget and nobody does yet I'll upload some RAW files when my Pro1 comes .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit