Active Topics

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Great idea. I'd be happy to contribute to an FAQ. Do you want to take the initiative and get one started?
I was thinking either a wiki or in the past we've had a successful use of Google Docs, but the place to store it would really be the defining factor. But I'd happily contribute.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
So there are limitations for Android ACL

BTW, speaking of ACL. Does it support Android actions besides ACTION_MAIN (which is called when you simply try to open app)? For example, can Android gallery app, that has ACTION_VIEW defined for pictures, be used as default picture viewer in Jolla?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PIDk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by att View Post
From @JollaHQ answers I got the picture that they are not planning it. They didn't say it directly but that is how I understood it between the lines.
Well, on Android it is available as a paid-for application, so presumably Nuance could do something similar for the Jolla (and I wonder if the Android one would run on Jolla ...). Given they already have the N9 version and w00t has confirmed that the framework is little different it might only be a small effort, and thus worth them doing.

It'd still be nice to know if Jolla have approached Nuance to suggest they do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I was thinking either a wiki or in the past we've had a successful use of Google Docs, but the place to store it would really be the defining factor. But I'd happily contribute.
I set up http://piratepad.net/JollaFAQ (I avoid signing into anything Google related on my main browser nowdays) - if anyone wants to start dumping questions there/organising, I'm happy to help answer & find answers.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
att, Swype-like input method itself is not licensed. For example, I saw some Sony Xperia phones with native VKBs that support Swype-like input out of the box.

The Following User Says Thank You to PIDk For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
It seems I cannot install developer mode on he device for some reason.
When I go to the settings/developer mode and click the accept button there, the device seems to load something but nothing changes.
Also I cannot find a terminal application or anything like that from the store. Strange...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It seems I cannot install developer mode on he device for some reason.
When I go to the settings/developer mode and click the accept button there, the device seems to load something but nothing changes.
Also I cannot find a terminal application or anything like that from the store. Strange...
Terminal comes with developer mode.

Make sure you have network connectivity & set up Jolla account on device

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I set up http://piratepad.net/JollaFAQ (I avoid signing into anything Google related on my main browser nowdays) - if anyone wants to start dumping questions there/organising, I'm happy to help answer & find answers.
Looks very sparse/weak compared to GDocs, but, will do the job I guess...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Terminal comes with developer mode.

Make sure you have network connectivity & set up Jolla account on device
I have done that, I can access the store OK.
Is the device supposed to restart after developer mode installation (like N9 does)?

The FAQ looks perfect to me, I've added what I can, but I need to do some work. I'll take another look after lunch

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience