Active Topics

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Schwedt/Germany
I have the nokia keyboard. The problem is that some keys especially the äöü and yz and special keys like ,.- are changed. I come from germany and i think that is an english configuration. How can i change it?

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Guessing you have a N800...

Go to the control panel ---- keyboard.... in there choose your language for your key configuration.

If you dont have a N800 I am not sure where to change it in the N770.

sorry, I have the N770. Can't find a control panel to change the language.
Need help.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Originally Posted by susannes View Post
I have the nokia keyboard. The problem is that some keys especially the äöü and yz and special keys like ,.- are changed. I come from germany and i think that is an english configuration. How can i change it?
In the ' Control Panel ' of the Nokia 770 there is an Icon marked " Language & Region ", in there, you can change your Device Languge ( and Region ) to German / Deutsch.

On invoking this change, by selecting ' Deutsch ', the Nokia 770 will reboot and come up in German. It seems that the Language and Region can be independent of each other.

Last edited by Arjun; 2007-03-18 at 04:05.

The language&region is german, yet before this keyboard problem.
So what now?

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
If it is the 'accents' for letters that you wish to use, then you should try the 'Accent Letter ' keys available after you switch keyboard using the method mentioned above. These ' Accents ' are available for all the Alphabets. I would think that this ' Accent ' option is available in most Virtual Keyboards on Nokia 770.

I also have the Nokia jeyboard, and like it, however I am unable to access all the available accents from the keyboard directly. For example, I can access all Spanish and Germanic accents, but when it comes to others, such as the "è", or any other <back> accent, I can't. They are available on the virtual keyboard though.

Does anybody know how I can access the complete list of available accents from the Nokia keyboard?

For what it's worth, I have two languages set up in the "Text input settings": 1st language: English(USA) and 2nd language: Italiano(Italia). I don't know if that makes any difference - I haven't been able to see any difference by switching 2nd language to anything else.

Thanks in advance.

R.
==

Last edited by rickh; 2007-03-18 at 16:23.

I have it!
In the bluetooth settings you can choose the nokia keyboard german or others.
Before that, the keyboard works but the setting was "default".
So now I can choose exactly the keys on my keyboard.

Originally Posted by rickh View Post
I also have the Nokia jeyboard, and like it, however I am unable to access all the available accents from the keyboard directly. For example, I can access all Spanish and Germanic accents, but when it comes to others, such as the "è", or any other <back> accent, I can't. They are available on the virtual keyboard though.

Does anybody know how I can access the complete list of available accents from the Nokia keyboard?

For what it's worth, I have two languages set up in the "Text input settings": 1st language: English(USA) and 2nd language: Italiano(Italia). I don't know if that makes any difference - I haven't been able to see any difference by switching 2nd language to anything else.

Thanks in advance.

R.
==
I was investigating it yesterday, and I discovery some strange things:
If you are using SU-8W, doesn't matter if you are using Portuguese, Italian or Spanish layouts. It'll use us-intl. And, worst, you cannot access some accents.

I did some modifications in su-8w configuration file, maybe it can help you:
http://labs.danilocesar.com/blog/200...cents-on-n800/