Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Hi guys,

I haven't had the time to look into the thememaker compatibility issue yet. I'm still considering being 'on vacation', so no debugging sessions yet. The most probable cause is that there is a compatibility issue in the opera.zip file. Compare that to the respective zip of a working theme on the device.

Hope that helps! And sorry for the lack of time.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
These themes are different in structure than the original Nokia themes. Check Plankton for instance.
My biggest complaint about the default themes is the fontsize. 12pt fonts seem about right.

The link at the top of this thread works great while running opera.

Originally Posted by Frankowitz View Post
These themes are different in structure than the original Nokia themes. Check Plankton for instance.
My biggest complaint about the default themes is the fontsize. 12pt fonts seem about right.

I noticed this more with the nuvoblack as opposed to plankton. Is there an "easy" way to change these settings for themes?

Originally Posted by rhouge View Post
I noticed this more with the nuvoblack as opposed to plankton. Is there an "easy" way to change these settings for themes?
I'm afraid not. The new firmware made the use of themes from Urho Konttori's Theme Maker impossible.

I manually tried to get the Vista 10 pt and 12 pt themes to work and they did. But they seem buggy. The use of Puchi got rid of the crashing Opera, but it still doesn't feel 'right'.
(For the DIY guys: I provided all links to get it working yourselves.)

We'll have to wait for Urho to update the Theme Maker I guess...

Originally Posted by rhouge View Post
It's "easy" if you know your way around the command line. Just edit the /usr/share/themes/THEMENAME/gtk-2.0/gtkrc file. There's a block of text for the font sizes. I don't change the hrw fonts, because I don't do the hand writing thing. This is what I have mine set to at the moment.

Code:
##############################                                                               
#                                                                                            
# Font definitions                                                                           
#                                                                                            
##############################                                                               

style "osso-SystemFont" {                                                                    
        font_name = "Nokia Sans 10"                                                          
}                                                                                            

style "osso-EmpSystemFont" {                                                                 
        font_name = "Nokia Sans Bold 10"                                                     
}                                                                                            

style "osso-TitleFont" {                                                                     
        font_name = "Nokia Sans 11"                                                          
}                                                                                            

style "osso-ButtonFont" {                                                                    
        font_name = "Nokia Sans 11.00"                                                       
}                                                                                            

style "osso-SmallFont" {                                                                     
        font_name = "Nokia Sans 10"                                                          
}                                                                                            

style "osso-LargeFont" {                                                                     
        font_name = "Nokia Sans 12.00"                                                       
}

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
It's "easy" if you know your way around the command line. Just edit the /usr/share/themes/THEMENAME/gtk-2.0/gtkrc file. There's a block of text for the font sizes.
True, but if you just change the fontsize and nothing more, the theme won't feel 'right'. Large scrollbars, lot's of open unused space arround the small fonts... It has to be a complete 'small' theme or it will be worse than the large fonts.

True, but if you just change the fontsize and nothing more, the theme won't feel 'right'. Large scrollbars, lot's of open unused space arround the small fonts... It has to be a complete 'small' theme or it will be worse than the large fonts.

I don't know, it looks okay to me. Maybe I just haven't seen a good small theme.
Attached Images

Hmm, your screenshot certainly doesn't look bad!
I'll try again, maybe I tried it on theme that made it worse.

*UPDATE*

Changing the settings in gtkrc doesn't do anything it seems...

Last edited by Frankowitz; 2007-07-24 at 12:22.

Hmm, your screenshot certainly doesn't look bad!
I'll try again, maybe I tried it on theme that made it worse.

*UPDATE*

Changing the settings in gtkrc doesn't do anything it seems...
Change themes, then change back or reboot. Sometimes it doesn't take effect immediately.