Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Thanks with your efforts to help me out here

I copied the files over to the N900 and was able to click on the icon. A black window then appears (not the xterm window) and I see the animated timer at the top status bar area. It looks like it is going to do something and stays like this for about 5 seconds and then just closes.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post

I copied the files over to the N900 and was able to click on the icon. A black window then appears (not the xterm window) and I see the animated timer at the top status bar area. It looks like it is going to do something and stays like this for about 5 seconds and then just closes.
will that Radio site play in the media player?

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
will that Radio site play in the media player?
Yep. It's one of my saved stations.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany

What happens if you enter this line
(The command line from the shell script)

/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.mime_open string:"http://kvmv.streamon.fm/stream/KVMV-64k.mp3"

into XTerm?

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
~ $ /usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer/com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.mime_open string:"http://kvmv.streamon.fm/stream/KVMV-64k.mp3"
process 1678: arguments to dbus_message_new_method_call() were incorrect, assertion "_dbus_check_is_valid_path (path)" failed in file dbus-message.c line 1078.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
process 1678: arguments to dbus_message_set_auto_start() were incorrect, assertion "message != NULL" failed in file dbus-message.c line 2492.
Couldn't allocate D-Bus message

~ $ /usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer/com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.mime_open string:"http://kvmv.streamon.fm/stream/KVMV-64k.mp3"
process 1678: arguments to dbus_message_new_method_call() were incorrect, assertion "_dbus_check_is_valid_path (path)" failed in file dbus-message.c line 1078.
process 1678: arguments to dbus_message_set_auto_start() were incorrect, assertion "message != NULL" failed in file dbus-message.c line 2492.
Couldn't allocate D-Bus message
/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer_/com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.mime_open string:"http://kvmv.streamon.fm/stream/KVMV-64k.mp3"

You missed a <blank> after --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer

Copy & Paste and remove the red underscore _ and your good...

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Ok that works in xterm!

Ok that works in xterm!
Hehe Great!!!
Now copy & paste this line into your shell script and your done ;-)

Arghhhh!

Nearly there. It launches and then connects to media player, briefly says, "opening stream" and then comes up with an error message, "no connection to server".

Arghhhh!

Nearly there. It launches and then connects to media player, briefly says, "opening stream" and then comes up with an error message, "no connection to server".
Hmm, think that can only mean you are have either no internet connection or there is another typo within the stream link...

Tags
yd config