Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
cause thats my only option now, i can't afford your mighty sailfish which is unavailable in my region, n9 slowly dying, my n900 is completely broken and it's so hard to find the replacement, neo900 also seems just like another myths, android for now, sorry but i have no choice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
android for now, sorry but i have no choice.
Don't be sorry, get one of the androids mentioned here; https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

Join the revolution and install SFOS on your device!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Don't be sorry, get one of the androids mentioned here; https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

Join the revolution and install SFOS on your device!
You don't even need to buy one of those, providing kernel source is available, the bootloader is unlockable and a compatible version of CyanogenMod or AOSP 5 is available, then you can port it yourself.

UPDATE: A popular misconception is that you need to be a developer in order to port. That is NOT the case.

Last edited by nh1402; 2016-09-21 at 11:19.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
You don't even need to buy one of those, providing kernel source is available, the bootloader is unlockable and a compatible version of CyanogenMod or AOSP 5 is available, then you can port it yourself.
Of course so.

My advice was for general public who like just to download a zipfile and flash it to their device for instant gratification

Not everybody wants to set up 35 gigs of disk space for a build machine and follow thru HADK to do it...

UPDATE: A popular misconception is that you need to be a developer in order to port. That is NOT the case.
i am one of those who thought that in order to port one should have been a dev. thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post

i am one of those who thought that in order to port one should have been a dev. thanks
Well, I just have to disagree with @nh1402 there...

Or if you really think so please define "developer" for me, please. In my books a developer is someone who creates something new or enhances something existing.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
cause thats my only option now, i can't afford your mighty sailfish which is unavailable in my region, n9 slowly dying, my n900 is completely broken and it's so hard to find the replacement, neo900 also seems just like another myths, android for now, sorry but i have no choice.
Fairphone II the more users comming from Jolla I the bigger chance we get official SailfishOS on FP II

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Fairphone II the more users comming from Jolla I the bigger chance we get official SailfishOS on FP II
This is perhaps the only place where FairPhone is referenced. Outside of this community, it's pretty much a non-entity.

At this rate, not sure if that means that things will gain momentum or if it'll remain a niche product.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This is perhaps the only place where FairPhone is referenced. Outside of this community, it's pretty much a non-entity.
This community, and its own community, which is quite healthy!

I don't know how big they have to be to survive, hopefully they can sustain what they are doing now (if not, it was a bad plan to begin with - their unique selling point is quite niche!).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
cause thats my only option now, i can't afford your mighty sailfish which is unavailable in my region
if the latest information from a 'trusted source' of Android Police proves accurate, with the source claiming that the smaller Pixel handset will start at $649 (around £500/AU$860), with the larger Pixel XL likely to cost even more.
(from http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...prices-1329022)

You can't afford a sailfish phone but you can afford a pixel phone at these prices...?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post: