Notices

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
The opera keyboard seems to be a cross between the Nokia 5800 and the dayhand thing. Pretty slick for sure, but not ideal.

Dayhand is about the best I've come across only it doesn't integrate itself quite fully within the native UI.

The keyboard itself will be quite easy to code up, but I'm not sure about replacing the built in virtual keyboard, no idea how easy or difficult that would be.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Rockville, MD, USA
Can someone post a screenshot of both keyboards so that those of us who don't own the device can see what the excitement is all about? thnx.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by vlg View Post
Can someone post a screenshot of both keyboards so that those of us who don't own the device can see what the excitement is all about? thnx.
Taken on an N800. Shouldn't be any different from the N900.
Attached Images

Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

this would be great for our phone!!!

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
I would literally be willing to kill a man (or at least pay a reasonable sum of cash) to have a roughly equivalent system keyboard featuring portrait qwerty and landscape qwerty.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
I request portrait keyboard QWERTY here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...trait+keyboard

It's very important for cell phone!

Please Developers!