Active Topics

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shanghai, China
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
The problem with that logic is that even if Nokia does drop it, it won't matter. There's still the Linux Foundation, Intel, and every other large scale adopter. Even if Nokia never put out another MeeGo product again, everyone else still probably will.
Yes, as I know, acer is also developing MeeGo phones, maybe using Intel x86 CPU and MeeGo reference UI, and ST-Ericssion is working on the U8500 platform, but the problem is, no matter who will take part in this project, MeeGo for handset has few chance to win.

Not to mention that Nokia and Intel threw quite a lot of money on getting people interested in MeeGo. There's threads on that MeeGo conference (or was it Nokia World? IDK), describing just that. So that takes out the Windows 7 point of the initial post.
Really ? How many efferts ?

When WP7 release, there are more than 2000 popular apps already, Microsoft pay the developers of most popular apps to develop for WP7. And WP7 has got Office, Xbox Games, Zune, Bing search, Voice Search (Microsoft owned them) etc.
What does Nokia have ?
Don't tell me ovi store. It sucks.

The Android point just... doesn't make sense? Best hardware? The N900 is a year old or so and it still overperforms so many phones out there. And the N8 certainly shows supperiority to quite a few things. In fact, when was the last time Nokia's latest flagship phone didn't come with better or at least matching hardware vs. the competition? Yeah, Android has better hardware platforms NOW... because MeeGo isn't on any mass-produced devices yet (unless you count the N900s running development builds). They'll no doubt equal out when the mass market MeeGo handhelds hit.
Yes, definitely, best hardware.
Tegra 2 / Dual Core Cortex-A9 CPU will be used on Android phone first, not MeeGo phone, not iPhone.
Because Android is open to many vendors.

Maybe N9 (Dali) will be very powerful when released.
But Nokia only has effort to maintain 1 or 2 MeeGo phones.
But Android phone model is much more.
There will be more and more Android phones that more powerful than N9 as time goes by.

As for the iPhone point - if MeeGo retains the right aspectas of its roots, MeeGo will not only have Qt applications, but it will also hopefully keep being able to run uncompiled Python, Perl, and Ruby, as well as a bunch of other coding languages. The iPhone developers are numerous now, but it's also going to become far more advantageous to develop for MeeGo when it takes off, because your Qt apps can go anywhere MeeGo will be, which will be a lot more places than just phones.
Not as easy as you said.
So many apps at least takes 2 years to accumulate.
Besides, MeeGo is a new platform, why developers should develop an app for a phone that have no big sales quantity ?

If anything, MeeGo has simple mass adaptation of predecessors (by users more so than developers) and Apple's marketing to fear - not actual objective disadvantages. That's not to say there won't be any, but there's no indicators of specific ones yet.
Nokia's MeeGo (Maemo 6) use deb package manage system.
Intel's MeeGo use rpm package manage system.
There is even such a difference within this alliance.
This is very strange and not good for MeeGo's development.
Intel just want to sell x86 CPUs on Mobile phone,
Nokia is still using ARM platform.
It is a strange cooperation.
And I cannot see the hope to success.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lanwellon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Dude, you like to troll much? Most of your threads if not all have the same exact point against Nokia.. and how Nokia is going to fail.. If you don't like Nokia.. then just leave please.
Just discussing the problem,

I think NOKIA should keep developing the Maemo 6

but not change the package manage system to please Intel

Intel did not change the package manage system on their tablet.

it is a waste of time and time is the key in the smartphone market.

When N9 released, all is too late !

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
It sounds like you're trying to prove something.. but what are you trying to prove and to whom?

Many people have inputed their answers to you in your other extremely similar thread, and yet you still open a new thread saying the same exact thing "Nokia will fail.. It's too late for them.. etc."

Do you see my point?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
China will fail. Yes..I have this feeling. Hard to explain but I had to say that because..?

.edit
"but the problem is, no matter who will take part in this project, MeeGo for handset has few chance to win."
Do they teach any critical thinking in the schools of China or do you all get healthy dose of propaganda? That sentence alone is just scary and sad.

Last edited by slender; 2010-12-13 at 09:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
It is very clear that iPhone is the winner on high-end smartphone market.
Many top-ranked apps/games. The best user experience.

Android / WP7 is also good.

Symbian is a bit old. The user experience is a generation behind iOS/Android.

Maemo 5 is a good try. Though resistor screen did not bring multi-touch experience.

My point is that Nokia could have a chance to win if they keep working on Maemo system and make it more user-friendly.

Then we can see N9 available on 2010Q3, maybe.

Actually and obviously, Nokia had not put their major efferts on MeeGo / Maemo, it is a pity.

Now Nokia had missed that opportunity ,

And they should start to use Android now.

When Android phone (with more than 600MHz CPU, 3.5 inch screen) is cheaper than 200$, Symbian^3 or Symbian^4 has no advantage then.

Nokia is just struggling, but it will die slowly.

The Following User Says Thank You to lanwellon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
You must be on crack.

Btw, there is no Symbian ^ # anymore.. It's just Symbian.. Oh and the fact that Ovi Store is a lot more successful than any store (talking about the speed how the Ovi Store is growing)..

And it's never too late for anything..

Android does suck because of how it works.. VM environment..

There.. I answered you.

Last edited by bandora; 2010-12-13 at 09:14.

Originally Posted by lanwellon View Post
It is very clear that iPhone is the winner on high-end smartphone market.
Many top-ranked apps/games. The best user experience.
Yes I agree. Itīs now clear to me also. Itīs just that simple

Android / WP7 is also good.
Yes they are. I think that Android will win everything after all. It is the best of the best because mindshare and apps and welll you know Google! Google FTW!

Symbian is a bit old. The user experience is a generation behind iOS/Android.
True. Itīs just terrible and will die. I hope it dies really soon. So awful and terrible.

Maemo 5 is a good try. Though resistor screen did not bring multi-touch experience.
Itīs a shame but Iīm still waiting for next FW upgrade so they might add multi-touch feature to it. *Fingers crossed*

My point is that Nokia could have a chance to win if they keep working on Maemo system and make it more user-friendly.
True. They should not have merged project with other companies. Making OS core that is shared between different devices and more importantly different companies is not good strategy. Stupid stupid stupid. Make notes here!"!!

Then we can see N9 available on 2010Q3, maybe.
And maybe sun will shine. Btw. My armpits are bit sweaty

Actually and obviously, Nokia had not put their major efferts on MeeGo / Maemo, it is a pity.
Shame on them!

Now Nokia had missed that opportunity ,

And they should start to use Android now.

When Android phone (with more than 600MHz CPU, 3.5 inch screen) is cheaper than 200$, Symbian^3 or Symbian^4 has no advantage then.

Nokia is just struggling, but it will die slowly.
True. Letīs just light some candles already and weep couple of tears.

-Nostradamus

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
China will fail. Yes..I have this feeling. Hard to explain but I had to say that because..?

.edit
"but the problem is, no matter who will take part in this project, MeeGo for handset has few chance to win."
Do they teach any critical thinking in the schools of China or do you all get healthy dose of propaganda? That sentence alone is just scary and sad.
Hey, buddy, we are talking about mobile phone market,
so, please just do not involve any other thing in.

China, HDI 0,667, ranked 89th, GDP per capita is USD4200
Finland, HDI 0.871, ranked 16th, GDP per capita is USD 35000
You cannot open twitter/facebook/youtube, even imdb in China.
China has many problems now, but it is not easy to determine a country's success or failure.

And, Just because you came from Finland, and Nokia takes 4% GDP of Finland, You cannot accept somebody saying something bad about Nokia ?

Shut up and keep on doing those ZTE Blades as fast as possible.

Again, you don't like Nokia.. then don't even bother posting here, buy another brand, the "better" brands.. like iPhone, Android phone.. clearly they are all better than Nokia right?

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:

Tags
ignore list, naysaying, religious wars, shutupshutup, tag along, troll master