Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Brasilia, Brazil
Is the installation appointed by handomhack working w/o problem? Any other experience with this solution before Boingo releases the update?

Originally Posted by randomhack View Post
OK I think I solved it : ssh into your nokia and try : "apt-get install libssl0.9.7"
This should install the correct ssl library and now boingomobile installation should go smoothly.
I'm having the above described problem. The N800 with diablo says I cannot load the app as "libssl0.9.7" is missing.

I would preform the steps as described above, except I have no idea what you mean by

: ssh into your nokia and try : "apt-get install libssl0.9.7"

could you give me a detailed (as in for a *****) description of the steps to do this?

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Summerside, PEI, Canada
My situation's a little different - there were no obvious "can't install" messages/problems when I tried the new Boingo app (since the Diabolo upgrade) BUT it just simply won't work at Boingo connections.

When I spoke to support (who claimed that there were no known issues, although it's been posted here they're aware of problems) I was told that if you're paying for a "mobile" account that you CANNOT log in to Boingo manually at the login screen. They said you HAVE to let the app auto connect. (This is to stop ppl from just paying the $7.95/month but using their laptop to connect via the user/password.)

Even if I didn't get an obvious error when installing, is it possible that I did have this problem installing and just don't know enough to know that that's my problem?