Active Topics

I want send fax from N900 to Vietnam, but.... i don't found any soft help for my work

@all members: can you help me?

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
I want to make coffee, with right amount of sugar, with my N900. How do I do it?

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
i don't understand

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
I want to make coffee, with right amount of sugar, with my N900. How do I do it?
Hey x61, If you don't have the answer don't bother the guy! He really needs some help!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by gameoffline View Post
I want send fax from N900 to Vietnam, but.... i don't found any soft help for my work

@all members: can you help me?
Google "Send fax via E-mail" theres lots of free clients out there and most have free trial with nothing to install.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
He's making fun of you, basically. (As in, he's mocking what you asked, by basically using the same format, but instead of sending a fax, he's substituting making the N900 make coffee - which is supposed to imply that it's ridiculous to ask what you asked, I think, though I don't really get how that makes sense to him.)

The simple answer, is that no such software currently exists.

I THINK it should be possible. After all, a fax is a certain protocol of signals sent through a phone line, and the fax machine just 'picks up' the call and translates the data it gets into a document to print.

So, there's no real reason why the N900 couldn't, in theory, be able to code a file it has into a fax-sendable format.

This would take some effort, because the N900 can't actually scan **** directly. However, the N900 could use already present images/files, which should be too difficult, AND if combined with FrontViewN900, you basically have a rudimentary fax machine.

- Edit -

On the other hand, implementing this may be a pain in the *** over phone networks, due to compression being used supposedly screwing up the fax data. *Shrug*

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-09-30 at 16:55. Reason: Read other thread on N900 Fax capability

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Nebraska, USA
In order for you to view, send and receive online fax using your mobile phone you need to have an online fax software or better get a provider of the service. There are plenty providers out there. You need to read reviews so that you can compare. Best to get the provider who offer free trial period.

Info for anybody you may want this solution. I use and have been using for over 2 years now a web based service www.j2.com

It's a really good service but very expensive. Price is 175 USD for one year and additional 5 pennies for every fax page you recieve. No additional charge to send faxes.

How it works is basically you pay the 175 USD and it gets you a 800 toll free number to give to people who want to send you a fax. You get an online account login page to edit your billing info and message center and account details. Message center helps you veiw faxes you receive or you can choose the option to have all received faxes viewed as a pdf and sent directly to your email account of your choice. Thats the option I use, works best for me.

Ok to send faxes, go to your login page to a section to input 1-4 email accounts to use to send faxes. Then basically scan your document and send via your email address you provide using a special format which looks like this: 18666755432@efaxsend.com

The number is the fax number you are sending the faxes to. Easy as Sunday morning. I haven't figured out actually how they do it but I beleieve it is a special device that converts an email attachment to a fax somehow. your paying 175 USD for something that's for sure.

Hope this helps anyone.

Also you can use the app Front View 900 to scan the document all from the N900. no need for scanner or fax machine. And to really make it fun you can use the app Xournal to sign a pdf file. I use those three apps all the time. I'll recieve a fax from someone to my email account. Open Xournal to sign the app and then use Front View to attach another document and then fax both documents back to the person.

Good luck.

Last edited by rdwrig0ceo; 2010-10-14 at 05:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdwrig0ceo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Go to fax1.com
You get to send your first $1 worth of faxes for free (no credit card required)
From n900, you could use email 2 fax or web 2 fax.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I think he might mean using a software to send fax by dialing to a fax number directly rather than going thru some 3rd party service.

Actually, one great function I missed in the old day is using dial up modem as fax modem so I could fax and receive fax with just a computer. Even the antique 9.6kbps modem has that fuction.

I'm always wondering why they don't inlucde this function in the new smartphone so we can fax using the phone or thru computer directly, even we can tether it as a dial up modem, or the fax protocol can't go thru the cellular network?

The Following User Says Thank You to mcdull For This Useful Post: