Posts: 14 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Also sailfishos-patch-aliendalvik-back-gesture does not work anymore since version 1.2.1-1. I use SailfishOS 3.0.1.11 on XperiaX.

Ronny

The Following User Says Thank You to ronny_b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
There are certain Android Apps known as 'gesture' apps, which enable you to attach phone functions to pre-defined, (or sometimes custom), gestures, globally. For example, you can set it so a left-swipe from the right edge will bring you to home screen, anytime. With these, there's no longer any need for nav bar. Currently, as far as I know, all of these apps require either root, or allowing permissions to access some Android service, (accessibility service, control touch input, etc), so, if you try to use them on Sailfish, you get an error, either 'failed to obtain root', if root is required, or 'this function is not available' if trying to get access to some service...
you cant override sailfishos edge gestures anyway, every time you try to swipe to back in android you will go to sailfishos multitask screen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
you cant override sailfishos edge gestures anyway, every time you try to swipe to back in android you will go to sailfishos multitask screen.
True - it would be difficult to come up with any actual gestures that would be of practical use, since most gestures already do something in Sailfish...

9.0.4 update! Bugs fixed!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Hi Coderus. AD Control there isnt touch sound option for XA2 Ultra so WhatsApp always gets some weird ringing sounds and so message notifications don't work and only vibrates the device.

The Following User Says Thank You to RafaelVlmendes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
install a Android launcher, to access to Android settings, there... You will be able to adjust the audio volumen for Android apps

Enviado desde mi H3123 mediante Tapatalk

Hi. I even try the Android Settings - Sound - tab and apart from all the ringtones Whatsapp continues with ringtones within the messages, but the notifications are muted and only vibrates ... I don't even know what else to do .. Any suggestions ? The handset is an XA2 Ultra OS 3.1

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by RafaelVlmendes View Post
Hi. I even try the Android Settings - Sound - tab and apart from all the ringtones Whatsapp continues with ringtones within the messages, but the notifications are muted and only vibrates ... I don't even know what else to do .. Any suggestions ? The handset is an XA2 Ultra OS 3.1
I'm also in the same boat, already reported on TJC, hope someone fix this or Jolla does

Enviado desde mi Xperia XA2 con Sailfish OS mediante Tapatalk

Not sure if addressed already, but I notice that 'one handed mode' provides a 'mouse' area to the side of the screen, but the full range of the cursor control only covers the top 2/3 of the screen. There's ni way to get it to go down to the bottom.

No big deal for me, just reporting... Maybe it's a clash with display density settings... Screen shot shows the lowest point I could get it to.

I'm using Xperia X Cimpact, SF 3.1

Thanks for your work.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I think the reason why you can't go lower with the pointer is that you can actually touch that area with your thumb.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I think the reason why you can't go lower with the pointer is that you can actually touch that area with your thumb.
absolutely correct!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
aliendalvik, browser, mimehandler