Notices

ok useless but funny

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to los_tannoury For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
LOL Creamy...

Could you please solder a satellite to my n900?

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
LOL Creamy...

Could you please solder a satellite to my n900?

You are Moking At me !

I though i can find someone interrested in programming such a cool stuff..But seems that you simply cant take this seriously.
i'm sorry to ask you guys ..There is NO RESPECT im just registered.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
yeaup. really cool. my car has a turbo. oh wait, thats just my n900

Apologies for the actions of some of our community members, they seem to believe that to create such an application for Maemo 5 is complete blasphemy.

People need to accept that some members of the public have acquired a Nokia N900 and desire similar applications to what the iPhone has. This may be due to financial difficulties, storage space or hardware keyboard etc.

Instead of acting rude to new members of the community, we should help them by contributing to the topic and not by mounting a full-on assault on people that have different desires to our own.

It's all fun and games poking at another mobile device but to insult one's intelligence because they want an application from said phone is disgusting.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Apologies for the actions of some of our community members, they seem to believe that to create such an application for Maemo 5 is complete blasphemy.

People need to accept that some members of the public have acquired a Nokia N900 and desire similar applications to what the iPhone has. This may be due to financial difficulties, storage space or hardware keyboard etc.

Instead of acting rude to new members of the community, we should help them by contributing to the topic and not by mounting a full-on assault on people that have different desires to our own.

It's all fun and games poking at another mobile device but to insult one's intelligence because they want an application from said phone is disgusting.
Lighten up a bit. There's no "full-on assult" going on here - just a few relatively normal people having a gentle laugh, like what happens in the real world.

OP: It seems that no-one is interested in coding this app for you, why not have a go yourself? http://wiki.maemo.org/Category:Development

it was an idea sorry if hurted some of u ,i liked maemo and linux bytheway i installed ubuntu on my pc and i have only ubuntu no windows no mac
i liked maemo xterminal so i found ubuntu and tried it and kept it alone.
thank you for your help and your time especialy " Jedi ,Reffyyyy "For your respect.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
los_tannoury

It was not so much a matter if disrespect, as Jedi pointed out. More an opportunity for a genuine laugh, and Creamy really did make me laugh with his comment/question whether we couldn't help you repartition your SD card or so. Genuine laughs are sometimes quite hard to come by, so when the opportunity arrives, I jump on to it. Sorry for that

True: I do find it a silly application, but if you are willing to wait a little while, there might be a way for me to create your app whilst the process is also useful for me.

As a general hint I'd say: Don't take things too serious, unless the tone in a thread seems to demand seriousness.

P.S. The bash terminal you have on your Ubuntu machine is a wonderful opportunity to get to know more about the terminal. The one on our maemo devices is called busybox, which has a lot less features than the one you have on your desktop.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by los_tannoury View Post
You are Moking At me !

I though i can find someone interrested in programming such a cool stuff..But seems that you simply cant take this seriously.
i'm sorry to ask you guys ..There is NO RESPECT im just registered.
Welcome to the tmo, los_tannoury. I think they were mocking the iTurbo app and not you personally. I have to confess I also had a laugh reading some of the comments.
I agree the app is useless but I can appreciate a useless app now and then, I personally think I could enjoy playing some iWobble.

The Following User Says Thank You to bousch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
los_tannoury

It was not so much a matter if disrespect, as Jedi pointed out. More an opportunity for a genuine laugh, and Creamy really did make me laugh with his comment/question whether we couldn't help you repartition your SD card or so. Genuine laughs are sometimes quite hard to come by, so when the opportunity arrives, I jump on to it. Sorry for that

True: I do find it a silly application, but if you are willing to wait a little while, there might be a way for me to create your app whilst the process is also useful for me.

As a general hint I'd say: Don't take things too serious, unless the tone in a thread seems to demand seriousness.

P.S. The bash terminal you have on your Ubuntu machine is a wonderful opportunity to get to know more about the terminal. The one on our maemo devices is called busybox, which has a lot less features than the one you have on your desktop.

Thank you for taking my request seriously..

Tags
vroooom