Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
bousch: if you find the problem and you fix it, PM me with a patch, and I'll include it in a new version.

bousch: that looks like a broken escape sequence to set the title bar. I'm not sure at what point it's spitting that out but if you open a xterminal and do

debwm

then break with ctrl+c you will see that the title bar has changed to osso_xterm

Somewhere an escape sequence is used to set the title bar but I don't know where. will investigate but my easy debian is broken atm.

when you do "cat files" in an x-terminal instead of using vim does your title bar change to osso_xterm?

Last edited by Cue; 2010-11-29 at 01:16.

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
To extract it, run
Code:
unlzma ubuntu-m5-v1.img.ext2.lzma
and then edit /home/user/.chroot to have "ubuntu-m5-v1.img.ext2" as your chosen image.
Hi, I'm not sure what are you talking about, can you explain me how to edit the ".chroot" file to run ubuntu. I open with VIM and change the debian word for ubuntu, but nothing happens.
Thanks.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I've put a new Easy Debian image on my server, v3e, with the new Open Office 3.2.1 installed. Just download it with the Easy Debian installer on the Maemo menu. Hopefully you guys will test it out and tell me what I did wrong...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
qole, in relation to buschs problem I've noticed that the title name is changed when I exit the debian chroot.

I've been looking through the scripts to see where I can find something like
echo -e "\033];osso_xterm\007"
but I found nothing. can I ask where qchroot is located? i think it might be in there somewhere.

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
when you do "cat files" in an x-terminal instead of using vim does your title bar change to osso_xterm?
Yes it does. I had not even noticed at first.

When I pipe output from debbie to a file the title does not switch back to osso_xterm but will stay "deb-m5v3d".

I've installed it today. My first impression is that OO Writer loads faster but I could be wrong do to long absence in easy debian. The download went OK. The unpacking was a bit long but successful. (I could be wrong with the time to). This is as far as I can test. I just use OO.

1 question for this...
Can I use multiple images using chroot? I mean not modifying chroot everytime but have a desktop shortcut where I could choose an image I want to boot.

bousch: I've found the broken line in /sbin/qchroot and I will upload a new version of Easy Chroot tonight.

Radicalz38, you can have multiple chroot images all open at the same time, but you have to use the "qchroot" command instead of "debian" and you have to write a little script yourself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Radicalz38: Ok, here's the command you would run to get the new OpenOffice Writer from the new image (without touching your current image).

(First, make a new directory, ie: sudo mkdir /.debian2 )

Code:
quserchroot /home/user/MyDocs/debian-m5-v3e.img.ext2 /.debian2 oowriter

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze