Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
Thanks for sharing, looks great!
BUT
The contacts on the usb side look pretty prominent.
What happens in case of short circuit by touching a metal piece in the pocket/bag/table?
I haven't had any issues with shorting, but then again I don't put my phone in a pocket that has keys or coins in. I use them for everything that has a USB connector. They don't do data transfer though, only charging.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, N9 is not a keyboard phone, for starters.
Ha ha. I was going to mention that too. For some reason, going back in time a bit, I thought that, initially, folks had the impression the N9 was going to have a hwkb but then the sad news came. Am I right about that? Or were there always two handsets that were going to be sold? One a candy bar and other with hwkb.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I think he just didn't put much time for the video, like thinking what could be good to have in it - meaning a thorough well thought list of devices. My comment was not ment the way it probably sounded. It was a short video, spoken really fast and gave the impression of not spending too much time on thinking of what is included. My hopes were (rewiever XDA developer or something I supposed) a more thorough, going deep into the device and without a rush.

But if you are a blogger you have to surf the waves in the first line so maybe this should have been uinderstood to be just a teaser and hope more from the following video.
I think he says it was meant to be a quick intro and that there was going to be a more detailed review coming, hopefully testing with lineage. Whether there will be a strong historical context given remains to be seen. Btw, he always talks fast! Lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
Thanks for sharing, looks great!
BUT
The contacts on the usb side look pretty prominent.
What happens in case of short circuit by touching a metal piece in the pocket/bag/table?
The Pebble uses a magnetic connector sort of like this; I let it touch a coin by mistake once and it did indeed spark. However subsequent attempts to recreate the spark do not seem to do anything, so I suspect there is a protection circuit in place. It still works to charge the watch.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
No news on mine yet, but as those waiting for pre-orders haven't had anything yet, I'm probably looking at late Dec when Clove Technologies get there's in.stock.

Couple of quick questions though. In the specs it mentions 5G compatibility outside Europe. Does this mean it could get 5G in EU?

And what version of Alien Dalvik is present on the device?

Thankees
I don't see how would that be possible with SD835. So, no. That's a mistake there.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
I don't see how would that be possible with SD835. So, no. That's a mistake there.
And Pro1 comes with Android... so why would it need Alien Dalvik? So no. No AD.

Edit: And Pro1 is not official Sailfish device, so no AD...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Last edited by catbus; 2019-12-03 at 16:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
And Pro1 comes with Android... so why would it need Alien Dalvik? So no. No AD.
Oh sh*t yeah, course it does LOL. Thinking of SailfishOS. LOL.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
No news on mine yet, but as those waiting for pre-orders haven't had anything yet, I'm probably looking at late Dec when Clove Technologies get there's in.stock.
If Clove Technologies gets them in stock then. I think they might just be in the same boat as everybody else, and just got told by F(x)tec that they'd get the phones before Christmas. That doesn't seem 100% likely right now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Ha ha. I was going to mention that too. For some reason, going back in time a bit, I thought that, initially, folks had the impression the N9 was going to have a hwkb but then the sad news came. Am I right about that? Or were there always two handsets that were going to be sold? One a candy bar and other with hwkb.
I think no, N9 was not wanted to be a device with hardware keyboard... but yes, it had a brother running the same OS, with hardware keyboard and it was called N950 - that was abandoned by Nokia somewhere at production-ready state when Microsoft had acquired the company and stopped potential competitors of Windows Phone then.

By that time practically the future of the whole Maemo line had destroyed (basically the source codes have "evaporated").
Some successors are trying to grow up but a good phone with hwkb is... maybe growing nowadays.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I think for us the video was really nothing special. He didn't provide anything more than people here do. But you can see his excitement.

This video is really for folks that forgot about the phone and need a quick refresh about what it is.

We can wait for maybe next of long term test to fill our needs

x

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit