Originally Posted by persmule View Post
After I upgraded my sfos on scorpion_windy to 3.3.0.16, applications are unable to output video stream via gstreamer with the following error messages when executed from terminal:

Has @mattiviljanen experienced similar problems?
I have sismilar trouble too. For example not video playing at bowser.

The Following User Says Thank You to ogustbiller For This Useful Post:
Hi, all.

Should we wait for the build with version 3.4.0.22? I tried to update the system, but got a reboot during the installation of the dmes package.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Yeah, I haven't been able to play media files with 3.3 and I was considering going back to 3.2 but didn't get around to it. Now I tried to upgrade to 3.4, but the device had restarted at some point, and now I'm stuck at the Sony logo... I really don't feel like fighting that fight righ now, so I think I'll flash the device from ground up and just upgrade up to 3.2 for now...

I really didn't have a use case for the device any longer when the media playback functionality was borked in 3.3, so it has been just sitting around gathering dust ever since

The Following User Says Thank You to mattiviljanen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mattiviljanen View Post
...I really don't feel like fighting that fight righ now, so I think I'll flash the device from ground up and just upgrade up to 3.2 for now...
It's quite correct. I go this way too... Very saddly, that we don't give 3.4.x.xx with fixed mulitasking gesture, for example. I was waiting for it so much...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Yeah, I haven't been able to play media files with 3.3 and I was considering going back to 3.2 but didn't get around to it. Now I tried to upgrade to 3.4, but the device had restarted at some point, and now I'm stuck at the Sony logo... I really don't feel like fighting that fight righ now, so I think I'll flash the device from ground up and just upgrade up to 3.2 for now...

I really didn't have a use case for the device any longer when the media playback functionality was borked in 3.3, so it has been just sitting around gathering dust ever since
Specifically what is the problem with media playback, is it related to a specific device or some SW?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Specifically what is the problem with media playback, is it related to a specific device or some SW?
It seems to be related to the SFOS upgrade. Something fundamental changed with the stack that is responsible for decoding the videos, I guess that change broke video on Z3 + 3.3.0... Haven't yet re-flashed the device, though.

Months ago I downgraded my own scorpion_windy by flashing the zip package v3.2.0.12, which could be obtained from https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porter...indy_ci/-/jobs .

@r0kk3rz: Could the version info posted on https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Ada...S_for_scorpion be updated according to latest successful build job on gitlab ci?

The Following User Says Thank You to persmule For This Useful Post:

It seems that i was more lucky. I tried to upgrade my Z3 scorpion windy from 3.2.1.20 to 3.4.0.24 thanks to sfos-upgrade tool and everything seems to work perfectly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojito For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojito View Post
It seems that i was more lucky. I tried to upgrade my Z3 scorpion windy from 3.2.1.20 to 3.4.0.24 thanks to sfos-upgrade tool and everything seems to work perfectly.
After yours message i tried to upgrade to... but have reboot after installing dmwsq... (near 70%) and all breakes(

ps: but i tried upgraded from 3.3..., not from 3.2.1.20 ...

Last edited by ogustbiller; 2020-11-13 at 18:58. Reason: ps

I tried downloading the scorpion_windy image, but I once again forgot that I have a scorpion device (with 4G)... Oh well, back to 2.2 alpha and upgrading from there to see what happens.