n900很强大,但是它的硬件配置有点落后了.于是我有了用raspberry pi对n900进行改装的想法.I chose raspberry pi zero w.
目前它们已经在路上了.(在二手交易平台上购买了2部n900,没有电池和后盖,价格便宜.)

不知道之前有没有人做过类似的改装呢?能提供任何信息&建议都好,非常感谢!

我在中国国内能找到的资料比较有限,目前确定的是n900的屏幕驱动问题可以解决.键盘是个大麻烦,很有可 能需要pcb客制化方案来制作,但是成本就增加了.

目前只考虑保留n900的外壳,屏幕&键盘,其他的功能暂时舍弃,电池可以拆充电宝来制作.如果能侥幸成功 ,我会不断升级它.

Last edited by Noki1号; 2020-05-08 at 01:51. Reason: The page is displaying an error

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noki1号 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
translation:

The n900 is very powerful, but its hardware configuration is a bit behind. So I had the idea of ​​modifying the n900 with raspberry pi. I chose raspberry pi zero w.
They are currently on the road. (I bought 2 n900 on the second-hand trading platform, without batteries and back cover, and the price is cheap.)

I don’t know if anyone has done a similar modification before? It ’s good to provide any information & suggestions, thank you very much!

The information I can find in China is relatively limited. At present, it is determined that the n900 screen driver problem can be solved. The keyboard is a big trouble, and it is likely that a pcb customized solution is required to make it, but the cost increases.

At present, I only consider keeping the shell of the n900, screen & keyboard, and other functions temporarily abandoned. The battery can be disassembled to make it. If it can be lucky, I will continue to upgrade it.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
mosen, I look forward to seeing where this goes. A pi zero could be a great way to bring new life to the n900 shell, especially now that an open Maemo-leste is closer than ever.

x

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I love my Pi-W.
I got the acrylic case, the badusb usb A(male) port, heat sink, and a short HDMI cable.
It is great for jacking into a TV when on the road and streaming media.
I have a HDMI capture USB dongle for working with it with my laptop a usb 2.0 port is enough power for non intensive applications as is a microUSB phone charger.
As far as gutting the N900 I think using it as an adjunct, maybe doing a bluetooth network and using VNC to get the modern browser into your phone while powered off of a USB power bank is a slightly kludgy but works and is pretty small mobile hack.
I just BT tether a rooted LineageOS phone with the telephony reversibly neutered and browse from that when needed.
This is pretty much what my mobile Pi Zero-W rig looks like though is missing heat sink.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: