Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
A quick question:
If I apply for the program, how long will I have to do effective the discount?

I mean, it's impossible for me to use 300 € for something different to food and bills until the next February.
But if it's possible to use the discount in February, I'd apply.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
compile a list and change your name to My Name Is Earl
With painless I mean easy.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
"The price is higher now, but more than 300 were given away for free... "

Not for free ... for loan until april.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
It looks like if your application is approved, the N900 would appear as an item you can purchase at forum.nokia.com's estore.

That's a neat way of doing it.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Can I kindly ask if any of you are contemplating Flash/Flex dev on these devices that I could assist or be "in the know" at least in terms of performance, do's and dont's?

Sadly enough, my karma is waaaaay too low to register as even a blip on the aforementioned list of community karma.

I know/understand NDA's, but thought I'd put that out there.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Recife
Will the devices be shipped to our homes or will be just like in the past where we get a code to buy online ? I'm just asking this to know if I should save some money for the taxes

Cheers!

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Well I received the email, but I am not sure I will purchase on the developer device program.

I can get one new for $549

I can get one for $449 on the developer device program.

I am really hoping to get one from a carrier for $200 or less. Not really much of a discount if you ask me.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Pistoia, Italy
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
I counted 150 people, more or less, above 200 points. And some are Nokia employees.
Considering they gave more than 300 devices for free, it makes up for more or less 500 devices for enaged Maemo users/developers.

That's the same number of devices they were giving away with former discounts (for the 770, n800, n810).

The price is higher now, but more than 300 were given away for free...
They didn't give 300 devices for free. It's not a gift, it's a loan. Completely different.

Of course I can continue developing and testing my application until 31th of April, but what if I cannot afford spending 300€?

It's much more than the 99€ that N810 costed to developers.

I really don't know what to do now....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andy80 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Bucuresti, Romania
I got nice ideas for apps, so I'm highly interested in getting one device as part of the dev program for the app I have in mind - but it seems I don't have enough karma. Maybe not active enough on maemo.org, who knows ?

Any change of getting wildcards for low karma based on app ideas and presentations ? Or should I begin working harder on the forum waiting for the maemo 6 release ?

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
I'm not complaining (really!) but it hurts a bit to see people who've joined less than a month ago, and whose posts are somewhat fluffy, who already have more karma than me.

But I know and accept that any developer program must be somewhat arbitrary. "The perfect is the enemy of the good", as they say. C'est la vie.

Regards,
Roger