Notices

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
I have just realise that if I open a song via filebox or default file manager the progress bar does not move and it does not show the correct time of the song or the album art. and also it still does not play some of my video files selected via filebox, apart from that just want to say excellent job MohammadAG and gidzzz.

Just a little more tweaks needed and this would become my default player

Originally Posted by cruster View Post
I've edited my post with a solution. Try this:
Run mediaplayer as root, save some settings and exit. Then run this as root:
Code:
mkdir /home/user/.config/MohammadAG/
cp -f /root/.config/MohammadAG/mediaplayer.conf /home/user/.config/MohammadAG/
ignore folder exists error on first command.
I have no idea how the permissions got changed, but I think that a more convenient way would be to simply remove the configuration directory, so it can be automatically regenerated with proper permissions ("rm -r /home/user/.config/MohammadAG/", as root).

Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
if I open a song via filebox or default file manager the progress bar does not move and it does not show the correct time of the song or the album art. and also it still does not play some of my video files selected via filebox
I was able to reproduce that behavior with songs and I think it's fixed now, but no luck with finding such video file.

In this new build you can find playlist editing in "Now playing". If you ever tried to make the perfect playlist, but just ended up too frustrated after realizing that you want to add a song somewhere in the middle, this will probably make you happy.

To move an item in the playlist, you have to double tap it, but with the second tap, hold your finger on the screen and drag the item to the desired position. If you have a laptop with a touchpad, you should know what I mean. And you have to be fast. Songs can no longer be startd with single tap, use double tap without drag instead.

Most interesting changes:
  • Playlist editing in "Now playing" window.
  • Share and delete videos from the playback window.
  • Audio playlist doesn't start after finishing video playback.
  • Correct metadata for songs opened with mime_open (FileBox, for example).
  • "Delete" in context menu works also for albums and artists.
  • Total time of the playlist displayed in "Now playing".
Attached Files
File Type: gz omp_20111006.tar.gz (339.1 KB, 161 views)

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
"Share and delete videos from the playback window." THANK YOU!

ok, most things are working flawlessly... except that damn slider.... and i noticed that same behavior have volume slider too (i spoke about that a couple posts before....)

anyway, keep it coming great work!

edit: ok no it doesn't work flawlessly... :/
now playing playlist view don't focus on next track....

and still sometimes i get inconsistency in loading songs (playlists)
it opens none, or just some songs (rest of track is not loaded) but again i go to playlist view, and select pls to load again, and it is ok then (odd... O.o)

and another thing, could maybe "playlist edit" be moved (implemented) in now playing also???? no need for save there, but it would be stored as a current pls....
and again, consider track search (please)

Last edited by neboja; 2011-10-06 at 22:35.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
ok one more thing regarding this project:

i want to contribute as well (if i can) by experimenting with source,
and i open project in qt creator, but i can not get a simulator to work,... (too many errors, missing stuff, etc)
have anybody some advice for me???? thx!

The Following User Says Thank You to neboja For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by neboja View Post
and still sometimes i get inconsistency in loading songs (playlists)
it opens none, or just some songs (rest of track is not loaded) but again i go to playlist view, and select pls to load again, and it is ok then (odd... O.o)
How many songs do you have in that playlist?

Originally Posted by neboja View Post
and another thing, could maybe "playlist edit" be moved (implemented) in now playing also???? no need for save there, but it would be stored as a current pls....
Is it that you don't like something about drag&drop the way it is now, the list is too small to comfortably rearrange items (if that's the case, try the attached version), or something else?

Not much time since the previous build, but it could be pretty annoying that when a new song starts to play, playlist is not scrolled to show it. And there are more significant changes, too:
  • Restored focus for starting songs.
  • Albums and artists can be deleted from the titlebar menu.
  • Detect when a file is removed from the library, or a new one appears. Deleting files may be not as swift as before, but you don't have to reopen the player to refresh all views.
  • Playlist and lyrics area in now playing was increased by making album art smaller.
Attached Files
File Type: gz omp_20111008.tar.gz (340.7 KB, 201 views)

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
How can I delete 1 song??

There was a ton of changes in the deletion code and that option for "All songs" view got lost somewhere along the way. You can still delete a song from other views, if that's what you ask. And if that was a general question, than it's just like in the stock player: find the song, press and hold until the menu appears, select "Delete".

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
Why do I need to double click a song to play now in a playlist?

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
There was a ton of changes in the deletion code and that option for "All songs" view got lost somewhere along the way. You can still delete a song from other views, if that's what you ask. And if that was a general question, than it's just like in the stock player: find the song, press and hold until the menu appears, select "Delete".
Well I would like that option back in the "All songs" view.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
do u know where is lyric been store?
Thanx anyway
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse