Active Topics

Originally Posted by dormant View Post
I've downloaded, but should really wait until some more apps are available - maemo-mapper for one.
I'm pretty sure maemo-mapper installs, v2.1 was released today btw. (check it out in garage.maemo.org)

Evan.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Yup, Installed fine. Nothing new over the unofficial installation, no FM radio etc.

I'm going to run the back-up I made from the unofficial OS and see if anything explodes or suttin'

Nope, nothing explodes (takes helmet made from armadillo off)...

Back-up went well but what it really needs is a "No to all" button when it asks if you want to replace existing files with newer versions. Without it you have to answer the pop-up for every bookmark or favorite that you changed in your old set-up.

...oh and full map services are still expected in December and are not yet available.

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Did anyone read the announcement?

This is only a Beta. Final is now mid-December.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

The Following User Says Thank You to dormant For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
...oh and full map services are still expected in December and are not yet available.
Yep, I really really want to be able to upgrade my navicore license already!

Does anybody know, if the dual boot is possible with OS2008? It would be nice to have the "old" and "new" OS available.

Originally Posted by dormant View Post

Also this comment by Quim Gil in there :

"N810 maemo contributor codes
Published by Quim Gil on 11/26/07 15:41:46.
btw the estimation is to have the 500 N810 maemo contributor codes available in the online Nokia shops by December 15th."

Merry Xmas ! :-)

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK

Thanks for posting that. If it is only Beta then I might leave well alone the N810 2008OS v -18. Pending feedback of course.

Pretty cool, has anyine tried playing the downloaded file (RX-34_2008SE_1.2007.44-4_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin) with the VLC media player? I did by accident, I guess there's a new song bundled with the OS? Funny..

"The OS2008 final release for the N800 is expected to come on mid December. It will include several improvements based on N800 specific testing and the earliest feedback received from the usage of the N810 in real circumstances."

os08 for 800 was to be with the release of the n810, then a week later than it, then december, now mid december.

better get the beta i guess.

the software side of he NITs really does seem to let the whole thing down release/timing wise.

Anyone know when skype will be available for it? like quite a few 800 users, it's a big part of the use and appeal of the device for me now.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Colorado Springs
Originally Posted by ShyBoy View Post
yes, you are right, but I also noticed that the windows update utility on nokia's website
http://europe.nokia.com/A4305010
it has different size of the file which I use to have for the update utility that I downloaded couple of months ago.

So I guess that this is the update utility as well in addition to the OS2008.

It now lists Vista as a client OS for the flasher... very nice.

(Although my new laptop has both Vista and Linux on it...)