Notices

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ VA, USA
Is there anywhere to get a free email account that is usable with the n800's default email application? I have been using yahoo mail, but you have to pay for pop3 functionality.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing

ok, thank you. I got an account set up on my tablet

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
My recommendation with gmail is to use IMAP instead of POP. It is also free!!!

Originally Posted by yegaoo View Post
My recommendation with gmail is to use IMAP instead of POP. It is also free!!!
i second the imap recommendation.... i believe you can now set up gmail to "pickup" your yahoo email or is it you can set up yahoo to forward to gmail and then everything is in gmail.

Well forwarding mail in yahoo is a premium feature, I believe. Now, if I could set gmail to "pick up" my yahoo mail without paying yahoo... then I'd be pretty happy!

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by freekyfrogy View Post
Well forwarding mail in yahoo is a premium feature, I believe. Now, if I could set gmail to "pick up" my yahoo mail without paying yahoo... then I'd be pretty happy!
Yes, gmail allows you to pull email from many other service providers. I currently pull all my yahoo mail into my gmail account with no problems. Look under your settings, and there should be something there to add an external account.

Tags
email, n800, pop3