Hello

(I'm supposed to say "hello" in here to show that I'm saying goodbye to Nokia, right? Someone help me with this)

New morning, same grievances... I'm still angry about this move and cannot understand how the board of directors ever let this happen. If any of them came by on the street, I don't know what would I do. Probably beat the s**t out of them... they deserve nothing more for ruining the company and all the good technology that was emerging.

Now only thing I'm waiting is to see how that Meego device comes out. If it's decent and has that brilliant Ovi Maps, I might get one and try to stick with it as long as it works but I will not buy a WP device. Due to this, I lost all my enthusiasm for mobile devices and OS's, there are no interesting alternatives for me. I despise iPhones, I hate Androids, WebOS is nonexistent here, Symbian is as good as dead (although I'll receive my E7 next week, it will be my work phone.. I guess it will be my last one for long long time...) and MeeGo is on sidetrack. Pity...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
I don' know where some people get off saying on one hand that wm7 is terrible and on the other pining after meego. wm7 is no android, but it's generations ahead of what meego could ever be. as for maemo, thanks for stifling the n900. The only useful features are those you get on non-smart phones. Half baked was a term used earlier to describe wm7. that fits perfectly for maemo, there are no 'smart' features that work flawlessly. As for nitdroid, what a joke. I can barely get past the initial set up it's that slow. Obviously some have spent lots of time developing, but it's time lost as far as i'm concerned as maemo hasn't been improved an inch since it was released.

Generations ahead of what meego could ever be? I say super ********.
Maemo was half-baked a year ago, but so was android not so long ago.

Maemo was officially declared deprecated, so no wonder it did not improve.

The only reason to adopt WP7 is the north american market, because there Nokia is not a strong brand. Everywhere else this will be damaging in the long term.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Looking at bright side, we should now get a top-notch implementation of Mail for Exchange in Nokia phones. I don't understand why Nokia chose to make a sub-standard Mail for Exchange in N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to IlkkaP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cmstewart86 View Post
I don' know where some people get off saying on one hand that wm7 is terrible and on the other pining after meego. wm7 is no android, but it's generations ahead of what meego could ever be. as for maemo, thanks for stifling the n900. The only useful features are those you get on non-smart phones. Half baked was a term used earlier to describe wm7. that fits perfectly for maemo, there are no 'smart' features that work flawlessly. As for nitdroid, what a joke. I can barely get past the initial set up it's that slow. Obviously some have spent lots of time developing, but it's time lost as far as i'm concerned as maemo hasn't been improved an inch since it was released.
Don't try comparing WP7 to Maemo. WP7 is worse than Nokia's S40. Nitdroid is a side project.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
All this flaming on Nokia made me think so I decided to give their new strategy a try to see how this suits my needs. I have just peed in my pants and I must say It's pretty warm straight away. I will update my progress in about an hour for I now have a job interview at NoSoft. I'm curious to see how this will turn out.

Regards

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
Elop and Ballmer...are they Finnish?
no but they finnished off Nokia!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neotalk For This Useful Post:
the Apple model is a disaster for the smartusers.

The Following User Says Thank You to iHaveNoNames For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia

Tags
elop ur a pain, meego sucks