Does anybody know if Nokia Messaging service is still working?

I have received no new push mail for several days now. I try to log in to email.nokia.com and it says my user doesn't match any in their system!

I try to change the settings of my mailbox from the phone and it fails. It appears my account may be unavailable or deleted from their system?

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Last edited by jackburton; 2011-04-23 at 18:38.

I have noticed this as well. Not sure what is going on but I am not gonna waste time trying to ask Nokia what th problem is. They are just useless

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Ridiculous. There isn't even a reset password or contact link on the email login page!

I had all my email forwarding through this account. It was quite convenient.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nokia dumped their messaging service too as they did with other ovi and file services..
Who knows some summer intern came in and pulled the plug of the server while everyone else was dealing with MSft ..
Besides that I would say make another account and try n see if it works (If they have an options of creating acc)

The only option seems to be log in. No way to reset password or to create a new account. Through all the crap with Nokia lately, I have been very patient. I have tried to look at their decisions from a business point of view. But, frankly, if they discontinued a service with no alert, then this is just bad, bad, business and I will join the bandwagon of pissed off N900 users.

Of course, I will still plan on using my N900 cuz it's the best device for me still. But this will be a punch in the gut for sure if it has been discontinued without warning.

Last edited by jackburton; 2011-04-22 at 17:13. Reason: typo

Strange, I couldn't connect to the Gmail account I was using with Nokia Messagin over IMAP/POP either even though I had both enabled and web access worked.

Turns out that I had to go to some Captcha Unlock page (found in Google Help Forums) to unlock account access. Then, I could access IMAP. I wonder if the Nokia Messaging system couldn't access my gmail account and automatically deleted it after it couldn't connect any more?

It appears that Nokia Messaging is working again. I did send an email to Nokia USA customer care. They only responded with "sorry for the inconvenience" and also asked for my IMEI number.

Regardless, I am now receiving push messages and can also log into my account at email.nokia.com again.

I don't know if my email to customer care prompted them to do something or not. Or maybe there was just a system outage.