Notices

Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Do you have meecast daemon on your device?
I have the same issue: meecast-eventview is not updating (it is Tuesday, but meecast-eventview still shows Monday), although meecast-demon (/usr/bin/meecastd) is installed and running and hence Meecast shows the current forecast.

NB: I have five screenshots documenting this, but fail to understand how to upload and attach them to a forum posting here, although it states "Attach Files" under the options, but there is nothing to click at.

EDIT: Rebooting caused meecast-eventview to update and to insert a "Last update:" line.
Sorry, I was convinced I rebooted yesterday night, after the last update of meecast-eventview. Obviously that was not the case.

Last edited by olf; 2015-10-14 at 22:16.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by olf View Post
I have the same issue: meecast-eventview is not updating (it is Tuesday, but meecast-eventview still shows Monday), although meecast-demon (/usr/bin/meecastd) is installed and running and hence Meecast shows the current forecast.
NB: I have five screenshots documenting this, but fail to understand how to upload and attach them to a forum posting here, although it states "Attach Files" under the options, but there is nothing to click at.
I had that too, then I removed and reinstalled all of the meecast-* packages, and rebooted. I think that solved it, but have been watching it closely since.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
HI
I've uploaded the new versions of daemon and event view of MeeCast.

Changelog:
* Added possibility to launch Meecast standalone application using long press on applet

* Increased count of weather forecast days in portrait mode

Vlad.

P.S I can't catch problem with updating on event view.
Attached Images

Last edited by vasvlad; 2015-10-14 at 06:52.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@vasvlad
Uninstall - reinstall and reboot the device fixed it(update issue) for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@vasvlad
Uninstall - reinstall and reboot the device fixed it(update issue) for me.
Ironically, it didn't fix it for me after all, the 4 day weather is still showing weather starting yesterday. Maybe the reboot forced a refresh?

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Ironically, it didn't fix it for me after all, the 4 day weather is still showing weather starting yesterday. Maybe the reboot forced a refresh?
meecast-eventview started working flawlessly after a reboot for me (version as of Tuesday). Actually, it sure takes a while until the second update is pulled by meecast-demon.

@vlad: WRT your Wednesday updates of meecast-eventview and meecast-demon: Just perfect! Thanks a lot.

Last edited by olf; 2015-10-26 at 20:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
@vasvlad
Thanks for the updates and the long-press-option

1 problem: the new portrait mode view in events overlays the shortcuts (if that option is enabled) - could you make that optional (or just tell me where to edit it

And is it possible to edit the time before the app opens from the events screen

Thanks!

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I had installed new versions but still on the lockscreen I saw only a very very small little rectangle on the upper left corner. A reboot did not help.
BUT accidentally found that changing the ambience did the trick.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by olf View Post
meecast-eventview started working flawlessly after a reboot for me (version as of Tuesday). Actually, it sure takes a while until the second update was pulled by meecast-demon
The new version is now working for me too, it refreshed automatically yesterday and today great stuff vasvlad!

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I had installed new versions but still on the lockscreen I saw only a very very small little rectangle on the upper left corner. A reboot did not help.
BUT accidentally found that changing the ambience did the trick.
Can you show me screenshot from your device?

Vlad.