Is there an xterm command that can simulate a touch event at X;Y? If this is possible then we can do a lot of things with predefined scripts.

I just did a quick search and wonder why nobody have thought about this before.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djdas For This Useful Post:
Or xautomation (apparently not ported to Fremantle, but it should be just a recompile). A a touch event at X Y would be:

Code:
xte "mousemove $X $Y" "mouseclick 1"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I just tried Xdotool. It works really well.
http://maemo.org/packages/view/xdotool/

About Xautomation, how does it differ with xdotool (just curiousity, since I've already had xdotool working), better/worse?

Well, looking at xdotool docs it seems it uses the same commands, maybe it's a wrapper? Didn't knew about Xautomation before
Glad to be helpful, bye

The Following User Says Thank You to djdas For This Useful Post:
Now new questions:

1/ How can I bind keys to touchscreen? (Like the "keyboard mapping" in preenv?)

2/ How exactly does the multitouch feature of preenv work? Can it be implemented for the whole system? It seems like it's real multitouch with keyboard (can press as many button as I like) (and of course it will need configuration for each app).

Last edited by LightRain; 2011-11-03 at 17:49.

1) I think you could do this by a simple shell script which asks for the key as input and executes the "xdotool" command you need;
2) sorry I don't know how it works, try following the threads of preenv or the wiki pages where it's explained how to configure the "multitouch" feature, IIRC it uses a modified version of one of the SDL libraries;

The Following User Says Thank You to djdas For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply.

1/ I know nothing about coding, so guess I can't write shell scripts (for now). Instead I've found xbindkeys. Haven't tried it yet, but I suppose it can bind the keys to xdotool command.

2/ I did. Actually I did a very thorough search about it. And now I'm able to configure it as I wanted (ie. map any key to any position on the screen). It uses gconftool. It looks interesting since it looks like real multitouch rather than some "fake multitouch" by making use of the middle point.

P/S: The bad thing about resistive screen is that if 2 point is touched, it uses the middle point. It's better if it's the last point that is touched.

The Following User Says Thank You to LightRain For This Useful Post:
Yes, didn't know about xbindkeys, you could use it