Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Blog update: Instructions for refund process

https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-...aisinmaksulle/

If the "Tablet refund processing tool " is only available for a month how/when would you know if you were going to get a tablet?

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Same for me, I also got the "Pending shipment" so I hope to see the Mail to finalize the order in the shop soon

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Well done to those who donate, personally I couldn't have filled in the details quick enough.... show me the money!

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
So that probably means the final decision for me - no tablet.

It looks like they decided to ship the tablets without asking if one wants the refund instead, which means that there were no people skipped in line for the tablet (~540 pieces).

I have to admit I am quite bitter about it, since I have been asking Jolla Care about the status of my situation and they were always polite, but refused to give me the answer. Even after the last e-mail from Jolla, they told me receiving it still doesn't mean I won't get the tablet. Why am I bitter about it? I would buy a piece from Taobao in a second if I knew I will not be receiving one from Jolla, but now the price has gone up and it's uncertain whether there is still some stock.

It would be nice to have a Jolla Tablet, but the main reason is that folks are asking me on OpenRepos to release my apps for the tablet (i486), but releasing an app for an architecture and form factor I can't even test it on does not make much sense, as I cannot fully support it. I wish Jolla made a regular and transparent Developer program last year (I'd gladly pay for the device). Oh well...

So if someone is getting a tablet but does no longer need it, please let me know

Other than that, could anyone update me on the current situation with Taobao?

EDIT: It would be also nice if we could choose to receive the Lastucase we ordered instead of a refund/donation. Just in case there's still a chance on Taobao.

Well that was a fairly painless process

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Got the notice today. If I had not purchased the tablet from taobao I might have consider donating. I still wish Jolla success as they've had many difficult challenges. I hope to supprt them in the future. I also hope they improve their pr which has been somewhat deficient at times.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Got a birthday present today (just a few days late). Got also the Tablet refund Mail today. So I logged in, to donate my refund. And what do I see: Pending Shipment . So i will get my tablet - That are brilliant and unexpected news. And no, I will not donate my tablet .
Thats probadly a bug.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Thats probadly a bug.
No, it is not a bug.

According to the info I just got from Jolla Care, if you request a refund through the site and receive an error message and this 'shipping/pending' status, it means you will get the tablet instead.

I wish I got the error message

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-03-16 at 14:45.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
No, it is not a bug.

According to the info I just got from Jolla Care, if you request a refund through the site and receive an error message and this 'shipping/pending' status, it means you will get the tablet instead.

I wish I got the error message
Oh! Then I may actually get the tablet after all! I got no error, but the review page shows "pending shipment" on my three items. Just when I finally lost any hope!...

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund