Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
what happens when you plug in the power?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mikeyharm View Post
after the Diablo update.
What does that mean? You've flashed (Windows? Linux? If the latter, what was the exact command?) Diablo (4.2008.23-14) on the Chinook device (4.2007.*)?
We don't talk about updates here, right? I still wonder whether this could have to do with free diskspace...

Well on my side of the story, I still cannot use diablo, the tablet simply will not boot, or will boot into a trashed or miscoloured desktop.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
I wonder whether there's something valuable listed in /var/log/syslog.
See http://maemo.org/development/tools/ and
http://maemo.org/development/tools/doc/diablo/syslog/ for instructions.

Maybe my problem another... My device doesn't start after I have installed one software (I don't remember which) When I turn on it, blue indicator light up, splash screen "Nokia" appears, then blue line goes to end and... device hang up. Don't answer any acts. With power and swing buttons pressed start in usb mode didn't work... but I didn't know work it with inserted usb cable in also, I didn't have test... Then, I make next:
I remove battery, plug in DC adapter, press power and swing buttons together for 3 sec. Plug out Dc power, insert battery back. Start up software update wizard at computer, mount usb to my device, press power and swing buttons again.... on the screen appears USB logo, computer recognize device, and I began update. After all my N810 works again, but I lost many data after update, but that is small cost for good emotions!

Don't forget to charge battery at full before update!!!
The most better choice is Official Nokia help services, another might be is danger!
Good Luck!

Last edited by Yanpak; 2008-12-07 at 12:41.

I am finding Diablo is too unstable -- I will be reverting back to the last firmware.