Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Consequently, I hereby announce my intention to step down as a candidate for the Q4 2014 Council election.
Pichlo, that just reads like my thoughts half a year ago. Last time I used mailing lists maybe 10 years ago and never ever touched IRC before. I do agree to get used to IRC takes a few weeks but everybody was helpful and understanding that I needed some time (using BitchX on N900 and hexchat on PC). That should not be a stopper.
Just rethink until tomorrow and decide whatever you feel. I would understand/, but at the same time be sad to loose you as candidate.

--
Whatever your decision will look like, thank you for your will and openess.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-12-25 at 18:45.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Probably if you care to provide some answer to the questions put here...
Like a few others.

Here are one/two more to answer:
What is your take on
- Neo900
- Jolla

Here are my POVs.
- About Neo I would like to see it succeed as soon as possible!
Lucky we are we have the FPTF team (few of the most talented/accepted devs on Maemo) so I am sure we will get Maemo on Neo. But at the same time I am 'concerned' about its company leader's view on Maemo and the joint points between Neo/Maemo. I would like him to change his mind again (of course the Neo will never come equipped with Maemo!). How to?
- About Jolla, I would like to keep my mouth shut. Just so much that I prolly will never touch a device. I liked the project but then they lost me (hardware wise, software/OS getting better, but in the end it was their CC behaviour). [-- I have to admit I still like the idea]
Nevertheless I still have the strong opinion we already do, and should keep to, provide those users a base here on maemo.org!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-12-25 at 18:48.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick message...

Please, put your answers into Wiki page, too.

It will be easier for voters to read, instead of combing through the thread.

Best wishes. Merry Yule and Happy New Year!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Seattle
Hi, sorry for speaking semi-off-topic here, but this should hopefully be the first and last time I will need to in this part of the forum:

How do I unsubscribe from the election notice e-mails?
(It has been a long time since I actually used my N800 and have no intention of voting - as an outsider now, that would not be appropriate anyway)

The e-mails don't have unsubscribe information!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to davidgro For This Useful Post:
You have a valid account on (garage.)maemo.org and a karma > 10 points, so you are eligible to vote and will get 'spammed' with those election mail 2/3 times a year. (a mail filter would do)

But if you really do not want to receive those mails anymore (and give in your right to vote) let the council at maemo.org know about it and drop a mail.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Just out if interest, does the karma ever decrease?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Excellent question, and I think it does not. You might get banned for certain time for abusive postings, for example, but still your Karma can remain high.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
IMPORTANT NOTE:
All the voting emails have now been sent, and the booth opens in 24 hours.
If you have not yet received an email titled:
Maemo Community Council Election Q4 2014,
contact me immediately.

If your email address is old/wrong or there is some problem with synchronizing your account data you might have missed the mail that voting system should have sent to you.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by davidgro View Post
Hi, sorry for speaking semi-off-topic here, but this should hopefully be the first and last time I will need to in this part of the forum:

How do I unsubscribe from the election notice e-mails?
(It has been a long time since I actually used my N800 and have no intention of voting - as an outsider now, that would not be appropriate anyway)

The e-mails don't have unsubscribe information!
Log in to https://garage.maemo.org and go to the "Account Maintenance" section to manage your mailing preferences. If that fails you can delete your account from there too.

Maybe if someone removed "Thanks" from a sufficient amount TMO posts, Karma might decrease on recalculation.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2014-12-27 at 04:30.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Log in to https://garage.maemo.org and go to the "Account Maintenance" section to manage your mailing preferences. If that fails you can delete your account from there too.
Unless it's folded into "Site updates", it's not there. And deleting an account just seems so final! What if I want to come back in another 4 years when some spinoff of Nokia has released the perfect device?(yeah right)

I guess I'll just put up with a few e-mails a year to remind me that this place still exists. (I checked, and the OpenPandora forums also still exist - I never got mine. )

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to davidgro For This Useful Post:

Tags
council, happy new year