Notices

Guys,

Today ukki announced announced that he will not be able to support N900 since he will be returning N900 back to Nokia.

This is a very sad day because Knots has been the only software which has allowed me to stream media from the backend. The default media player doesnt fill the gap at all because it has been very buggy. If it wasnt for knots i would have sold off my N900.

Can i please request Nokia to let ukki keep the device so that he can support N900 users?

Cheers

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Yeppers.

Already was planning on shooting an email to qgil later today and making the request to extend his deadline for maemo development.

ukki is one of those very rare people you will find online who isn't a social leper or FBI agent.

For me, he's the main reason why I've been sticking with maemo all this time.

Knots is my most beloved app and I would feel guilty using it from now on knowing that Nokia took his device back.

Viva la revolution!

Who's coming with me?!?!??

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Why doesn't he mail himself like qgil told people to, in the thread?

This is a shame. For me Knots fills a real gap, I use it every day and Ukki was kind enough to help me get it working. I can appreciate all the time it takes though - Cheers and good luck to you, Ukki!

If Ukki isn't able to keep (or extend) his N900 holding, who would mind donating so he could buy one? I haven't used knots in a while, but I'm more then happy to support developers on this platform.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Yes, he definitely should be allowed to keep it. Knots is an awesome app and Ukki is an incredibly patient and helpful person (walked me through getting Knots up and running when I was having difficulties).

If he can't keep it, then maybe all Knots users could consider sending a small donation via paypal to help fund a new one. I know I certainly wouldn't mind doing that.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Why doesn't he mail himself like qgil told people to, in the thread?
I assume that makes sense to those it is relevant for. Can we get an answer to this question before this thread escalates to mass hysteria?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Yes, he definitely should be allowed to keep it. Knots is an awesome app and Ukki is an incredibly patient and helpful person (walked me through getting Knots up and running when I was having difficulties).

If he can't keep it, then maybe all Knots users could consider sending a small donation via paypal to help fund a new one. I know I certainly wouldn't mind doing that.
I haven't heard the background to Ukki and handing back an N900 so someone please let me know. But I have used knots and it is an incredible app and I would be willing to donate something so that Ukki can get an N900.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Thanks for the kind words. Like I said in my post, I wasn't too sure if anybody actually used it and if it was something that would justify me having the device over some other developer. But I emailed qgil and asked if I was allowed to keep it. We'll see.