Notices

Are you trying to scan your whole c drive? Try clearing your scanned paths and add only paths that have media.

I added few error checks there, so you can also 'git pull' the fixes if you installed it with git.

Also, my bugfix release introduced few annoying bugs, most of them are fixed in this package, haven't uploaded it to -devel yet.

knots2_0.2.7-7_armel.deb

Last edited by ukki; 2010-04-08 at 03:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Are you trying to scan your whole c drive? Try clearing your scanned paths and add only paths that have media.

I added few error checks there, so you can also 'git pull' the fixes if you installed it with git.

Also, my bugfix release introduced few annoying bugs, most of them are fixed in this package, haven't uploaded it to -devel yet.

knots2_0.2.7-7_armel.deb
thanks Ukki, I have now managed to scan all my media properly, everything is visible on the computer and the phone, it just refuses to stream any of them! Every time I try to play it says 'stream failed to start'. Is there something I need to add to the settings on the computer? The 'path for uploaded video' is empty and I wasn't sure if I needed to put something there. Should that field be filled in with something? Or is it something else?

Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
thanks Ukki, I have now managed to scan all my media properly, everything is visible on the computer and the phone, it just refuses to stream any of them! Every time I try to play it says 'stream failed to start'. Is there something I need to add to the settings on the computer? The 'path for uploaded video' is empty and I wasn't sure if I needed to put something there. Should that field be filled in with something? Or is it something else?
Maybe you are having this issue?

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=433

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Maybe you are having this issue?

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=433
honestly, I have no idea what the post is talking about...bit of a noob when it comes to command lines etc, but willing to learn! Read the post several times, but still no clearer...

Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
honestly, I have no idea what the post is talking about...bit of a noob when it comes to command lines etc, but willing to learn! Read the post several times, but still no clearer...
Well it means Knots can't run VLC in telnet mode before you give it a permission to do so. But for some reason Windows doesn't show the uac prompt when Knots starts VLC.

So try copy pasting that line to a text file, save the file as startvlc.cmd and move it to your VLC install directory where vlc.exe is. Then try double clicking it and accept the UAC prompt. After that Knots should be able to start VLC properly. You can confirm it by starting Knots with the RunKnotsInTerminal.cmd inside Knots folder. It should tell you VLC started properly.

Well it means Knots can't run VLC in telnet mode before you give it a permission to do so. But for some reason Windows doesn't show the uac prompt when Knots starts VLC.

So try copy pasting that line to a text file, save the file as startvlc.cmd and move it to your VLC install directory where vlc.exe is. Then try double clicking it and accept the UAC prompt. After that Knots should be able to start VLC properly. You can confirm it by starting Knots with the RunKnotsInTerminal.cmd inside Knots folder. It should tell you VLC started properly.
really appreciate your time and effort in helping me with this. Tried what you suggested, but when I click on the startvlc file, it brings up a command window but there is no UAC prompt (at least I think, all that comes up is the command window with the text from the file in it). I also clicked on RunKnotsinTerminal but the window opens and shuts very quickly and I can't read the information it shows..

And unfortunately I still can't stream media on my phone, get the same 'stream failed to start' message.

Try selecting stop server from the menu, click on enabledebug.cmd and then runknotsinterminal.cmd and paste the output it gives here.

Try selecting stop server from the menu, click on enabledebug.cmd and then runknotsinterminal.cmd and paste the output it gives here.
Where is the enabledebug.cmd file? I can't find it in the Knots folder.

If it's not there, try creating one with 2 lines:

Code:
ruby\bin\ruby scripts\setup devel 1
ruby\bin\ruby scripts\setup log_level 2
Sorry for the hassle, you shouldn't need to do this, it should work out of the box :/

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
If it's not there, try creating one with 2 lines:

Code:
ruby\bin\ruby scripts\setup devel 1
ruby\bin\ruby scripts\setup log_level 2
Sorry for the hassle, you shouldn't need to do this, it should work out of the box :/
hey, no problems, glad for your help and it has got me using my computer in ways I didn't think I could

Ok, did what you suggested, and this is the output:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Knots>ruby\bin\ruby.exe knots.rb

[2010-04-09 06:27:51] Welcome to Knots - http://wiki.maemo.org/Knots2
[2010-04-09 06:27:51] Starting Knots in C:/Program Files (x86)/Knots with ruby 1
[2010-04-09 06:27:51] Setting bigger buffer size, ignore the following two warni
ngs
knots.rb:211: warning: already initialized constant BUFSIZE
knots.rb:212: warning: already initialized constant BUFSIZE
[2010-04-09 06:27:52] Waiting for VLC to start
[2010-04-09 06:27:54] Waiting for VLC to start
[2010-04-09 06:27:57] Waiting for VLC to start
[2010-04-09 06:27:59] Waiting for VLC to start
[2010-04-09 06:28:01] Waiting for VLC to start
[2010-04-09 06:28:03] VLC started properly
[2010-04-09 06:28:03] You can access the server with http://localhost:1978
[2010-04-09 06:28:03] Press ctrl-c to close the server

EDIT UPDATE: Yeess, for some reason it's decided to start working now and I can stream everything perfectly, not sure if it was that last operation that did it. thank you so much for your help ukki, this is why the Maemo community and the N900 are so friggin' cool...

Last edited by dreadnought; 2010-04-09 at 05:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to dreadnought For This Useful Post:

Tags
knots, music, streaming, video