Hi,

I have installed the Maemo SDK Fremantle beta on Ubuntu 8.04
Whenever I am starting application framework I am getting following error message, however main screen is launched on Xephyr.

[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~/examples/maemo-examples] > af-sb-init.sh start
Note: For remote X connections DISPLAY should contain hostname!
Sample files present.
Starting DBUS system bus
Starting D-BUS session bus daemon
Starting Maemo Launcher: maemo-launcher.
maemo-launcher: warning raising the oom shield for pid=9419 status=5632
Starting Sapwood image server
Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":2.0".
sapwood-server[9431]: GLIB INFO default - server started
Starting hildon-desktop
maemo-launcher: invoking '/usr/bin/hildon-home.launch'
hildon-home[9446]: GLIB WARNING ** GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor - remote volume monitor with dbus name org.gtk.Private.HalVolumeMonitor is not supported
Starting Keyboard
maemo-launcher: invoking '/usr/bin/hildon-input-method.launch'
[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~/examples/maemo-examples] > hildon-input-method[9468]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Couldn't open /usr/lib/hildon-input-method/hildon-im-plugins.cache for reading. Forgot to run hildon-im-recache?
hildon-input-method[9468]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Failed loading the plugins.
hildon-input-method[9468]: GLIB WARNING ** default - No IM will show.
hildon-input-method[9468]: GLIB MESSAGE default - ui up and running
hildon-home[9446]: GLIB WARNING ** default - hd_plugin_configuration_configuration_loaded. Couldn't read plugin_paths in dir /usr/share/applications/hildon-home. Error: Error opening directory '/usr/share/applications/hildon-home': No such file or directory
OIL: ERROR liboiltest.c 405: oil_test_check_impl(): function mas10_u8_mmx_2 in class mas10_u8_l15 failed check (6900 > 0) || (outside=0)

Now if I try to open file chooser dialog I am getting SIGSEGV.
I have tried with Maemo example code example_file_chooser this is also crashing.
I remember this example was working fine on my set-up month back What is going wrong ?  [though I am not sure if I was getting same error while running AF earlier as well]

Thanks in advance for help

Regards,
Piyush

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Maemo SDK Fremantle beta 1 or Maemo SDK Fremantle beta 2?

Fremantle beta 2

Hi,

I have re-installed the scratchbox and Maemo SDK Fremantle Beta2.

Still same issue.

Is it because of

hildon-input-method[6486]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Couldn't open /usr/lib/hildon-input-method/hildon-im-plugins.cache for reading. Forgot to run hildon-im-recache?
hildon-input-method[6486]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Failed loading the plugins.
hildon-input-method[6486]: GLIB WARNING ** default - No IM will show.
hildon-input-method[6486]: GLIB MESSAGE default - ui up and running

How to fix this issue ? I am unable to proceed, any pointers would be great help

thanks,
Piyush

Originally Posted by piyush79 View Post
Hi,

I have re-installed the scratchbox and Maemo SDK Fremantle Beta2.

Still same issue.

Is it because of

hildon-input-method[6486]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Couldn't open /usr/lib/hildon-input-method/hildon-im-plugins.cache for reading. Forgot to run hildon-im-recache?
hildon-input-method[6486]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Failed loading the plugins.
hildon-input-method[6486]: GLIB WARNING ** default - No IM will show.
hildon-input-method[6486]: GLIB MESSAGE default - ui up and running

How to fix this issue ? I am unable to proceed, any pointers would be great help

thanks,
Piyush
I had the exact same error message in Diablo, but then went through these steps which fixed the problem:

# Type sb-menu inside Scratchbox to launch the tool.

[sbox-: ~] > sb-menu

# Select "Setup" in order to create a new target.

Normally the tool would display all configured targets in a list, but since there are none, the dialog is empty. Select "NEW" in order to create a new target.
# Using the same names as the automatic install script uses allows you to use the Nokia binaries installer later. Type DIABLO_X86 as the target name.
# Since the first target will be for X86 environment, select the i386 compiler version (cs2005q3.2-glibc2.5-i386).
# Next, you will need to select all the devkit packages that you want to enable for the new target. You will need debian-etch, maemo3-tools and perl. Do not select cputransp for the X86 target. Select each of them in a row and then press "DONE".
# Since the cputransp devkit was not selected in the previous step, selecting the CPU transparency becomes "none".
# This concludes the target-specific tool choices, but there are still things to do. The next step is to select a rootstrap package to extract into the target (select "Yes").
# And since the rootstraps were already downloaded and copied to the proper location, select "File".
# Using TAB arrows, navigate to the proper rootstrap file (the one that ends with i386), and select it by pressing space and then press ENTER to go forward.
# Unpacking the rootstrap will not take long, and soon after that, a dialog will come up with a question about files installation. Select "Yes" (even if it is not entirely obvious what the question means), and then select the C-library, /etc, Devkits and fakeroot. Other tools can be installed later from the maemo SDK repository (or local mirror of the repository).

After extracting the selected files from the rootstrap, the target is now ready. You should next opt to select the target (so that it becomes active and will be default target from now on).

from : http://maemo.org/maemo_release_docum...1.x/node4.html

hopely this helps