Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
The power of Maemo - now as a party animal!

Another hidden gem discovered: Thanks to the inbuilt GStreamer multimedia framework, I was able to get music visualisation on my N900 This also works using TV-Out, so once built into a suitable media player, I guess the N900 can become the center of any party

I also uploaded a short video on YouTube (read the disclaimer about flickering TV - it's my cam, not the N900...)

Here is the pipeline I used:
Code:
gst-launch filesrc location=/media/mmc1/universe.mp3 ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! tee name=myT myT. ! queue ! pulsesink myT. ! queue ! goom ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink
I hope for the inbuilt media player, Media Box, Canola or Vagalume to soon feature great visualisations on the N900 ...

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Last edited by twaelti; 2009-11-18 at 20:38.

The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
There is already such a plugin for MediaBox buried somewhere deep in my drawer. Time to get it cleaned up and integrated into MediaBox.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Nice, i'll loving that "phone".
Is it possible to use all visualizations which are available for the normal gstreamer, or does it only work with this one? Of course the is a limitation of Hardware

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by slaxium View Post
Is it possible to use all visualizations which are available for the normal gstreamer, or does it only work with this one? Of course the is a limitation of Hardware
Sorry for the late reply, but missed your post. But good news: I've played around a bit more, and the two other things that I found are "monoscope" and "spectrum". Hadn't much success with Spectrum, but Monoscope works well!

(sorry for the image quality, but it's not possible to take on-device screenshots in this mode)

Coolest thing is to attach Monoscope directly to the Microphone to get real-time voice/microphone waveform analysis:
Code:
gst-launch pulsesrc ! audioconvert ! tee ! queue ! monoscope ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink
Try whistling at higher frequencies and watch the wavelength shrink...
Anybody to hook up a signal through the mic line-in?

The power of Maemo

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
@twaelti, awesome idea about the signal input. Wonder if this would work http://xoscope.sourceforge.net/

Works on my Ubuntu box too :-D

Same command line on my pc and on my phone is "the new era" ...

dude....i dint understand.....can u tell me in detail how to install those visualisation....sorry for my bad english....thanks in advance

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Are these easter eggs in the phone or are you downloading something from somewhere? The way I understand it, I can now have visualisation with all my music files is that correct?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
As root:
Code:
apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
then run the command he posted in the first post.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Someone should port Libvisual to Maemo