I have qxdisplay 0.1 here - https://mega.nz/file/Ew9xgQQT#HMgNUi...Yu25I3e1Iyua8Q

Not sure what is different/better, but in case anyone wants...

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
harbour-containers is undergoing testing in Chum repo (not available in the main repository yet, we found a couple non-critical bugs we'd like to resolve before pushing to the main repository). Meanwhile, I'm working on making Arch available out of the box:

Testers welcome. It's in the devel-k branch for now: https://github.com/sailfish-containe...s/tree/devel-k

Last edited by Kabouik; 2022-08-25 at 12:18.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
I have qxdisplay 0.1 here - https://mega.nz/file/Ew9xgQQT#HMgNUi...Yu25I3e1Iyua8Q

Not sure what is different/better, but in case anyone wants...
You should lose nothing by switching to latest qxcompositor, and if your device is in a SFOS version higher than 4.2, then you'd get dynamic auto-orientation. This requires editing a script from harbour-containers to reflect the change, but this is taken care of in the new version that will be available in Chum. Before it hits the main Chum repository, you can try it from here: https://github.com/sailfish-containe...e-devel-builds

Last edited by Kabouik; 2022-08-23 at 16:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
I've updated the debian-mouse.sh script in the first post. (If some would like to start the guest os from the command line or (like me) with a custom .desktop icon)
It has two parameters:
$1 - container name;
$2 - p or l or a for portrait/landscape/auto-rotate mode
Please note: If it is called WITHOUT the second parameter, it starts with auto-rotate.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Testers welcome for the devel-k branch: https://github.com/sailfish-containe...e-devel-builds

If tests pass well enough, then we might be able to merge it to master and make it available right from the Chum app store, for a one click install.

Make sure you have a stable connection to avoid package installation failures. The i3 and xfce4 default configuration are very basic, but should make use on mobile easier than the real default not adapted to hidpi or touch use.

If you picked i3 as your window manager, Alt is your $mod, so Alt+Return to open a terminal, and Alt+d for dmenu. Your i3 configuration can be changed in ~/.config/i3/config.

Changelog
Code:
* Tue Aug 24 2022
- Add a script to install Arch-based distributions
- WM choice when installing (xfce4 or i3), should work for all supported types of distros (Arch, Debian)
- Better default configs for both WMs (scaling, right click (only in Arch), touch scrolling in Firefox)
- Possibility to run the script multiple times on a container without breaking things, with failsafes (to some extent)
- Prompts at important steps during install scripts (in case of overwriting config, or long compilations)
- New icon, better for small screens
- Custom wallpapers for Debian, Arch and Kali

* Thu Aug 19 2022
- Updated description and license for Chum repository
- Bumped version to avoid dep resolution issues
- README overhaul
- Fixing debian.sh
- Fixing GUI typos
- Sane xsession defaults for xfce4 and onboard
- New icon
- Back to qxcompositor instead of qxdisplay (autorotation)
Known issues/limitations:
- If unfortunately a terminal window did not appear after you created a new container, despite checking "Setup desktop", then you will have to go into the page of that new container, hit "init container config" at the bottom, start the container from the pulley menu, and then hit "setup xsession". The installation and configuration should then proceed.
- If your SailfishOS username is not defaultuser, then the GUI cannot start an X session; this is being worked on and in the mean time, you can try opening the X session from CLI
- No sound in some devices, and it may silence some SFOS sounds (alarms, media) as well (else, please tell us)
- No hardware acceleration
- Only prebuilt binaries of Xwayland can be used at the moment inside containers (this is automated when setting up xsession from the GUI), because latest sources don’t support the XDG_WM_Base protocol that we need

Last edited by Kabouik; 2022-08-26 at 12:09.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
harbour-containers is now in the Chum repository, hence easy to install!

Please let us know if there are any issues (but check the known issues first), preferably as issues in the repositories so that we get notifications.

It's only tested by me so far, and on a single device, so I hope it will work well enough for other devices.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2022-08-31 at 12:59.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Question:
On the "lxc-attach -n Deb" command, I get the following error:

"Operation not permitted - Failed to rexec as memfd
free(): invalid pointer
Aborted"

Sfos 4.4 (On older versions it works.)

Has anybody experienced this?

Edit: strace log

Last edited by edp17; 2022-10-14 at 15:40.

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
Question:
On the "lxc-attach -n Deb" command, I get the following error:

"Operation not permitted - Failed to rexec as memfd
free(): invalid pointer
Aborted"

Sfos 4.4 (On older versions it works.)

Has anybody experienced this?

Edit: strace log
Same error on SFOS 4.5.

I followed the instructions yesterday and now I found that AlienDalvik doesn't come up any more on my XA2.

It says "cannot start" in the Android App Support settings page. I can hit "Start", then it will say "started", but when I try to open an Android application it says again on the top of the screen that it's starting the app support.

EDIT: Not sure how exactly, but after uninstalling both, AlienDalvik and "Containers" and rebooting, the app support was back - even though I hadn't installed it again at that point. Files like /opt/alien were still around though.

Last edited by qoh; 2023-04-27 at 14:25.

Originally Posted by qoh View Post
I followed the instructions yesterday and now I found that AlienDalvik doesn't come up any more on my XA2.

It says "cannot start" in the Android App Support settings page. I can hit "Start", then it will say "started", but when I try to open an Android application it says again on the top of the screen that it's starting the app support.

EDIT: Not sure how exactly, but after uninstalling both, AlienDalvik and "Containers" and rebooting, the app support was back - even though I hadn't installed it again at that point. Files like /opt/alien were still around though.
I do wonder how the AD support came back after reboot when that package was removed.
Containers can have an impact on the Android Support as both uses LXC containers. Although, unlikely that installing a Linux desktop distro into an LXC container would ruin Android Support because they are independent containers. Please let us know what packages you had installed and how did you installed/configured the desktop distro (step by step) Also, some logs also can be useful to see what's happening under the hood.

Tags
application, development, linux