Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I can check it on mine, i just connect a multimeter to the 2mm plug and then i can monitor the voltage directly from the battery in real time

But again i don't have a working USB and cant find a shop/repair shop where i can take it directly to.
I don't want to be apart from my N900 because it does so much and it's not fun to use my N95 after having the N900.
I want to take my N900 in the shop pre-dissembled so that they can just solder the FUSE out and a new one in, this way im only "offline" for 30min MAX

In my case im going to use a quote from 'small soilders'
-- The N900, everything else ... is just a toy.

Has anybody ever reached 100% charging (Advanced Power status) from micro usb charging (nokia usb cable or adapter)? Mine is varies; 94.6% or sometimes reached the highest 97.6% with green light led on but never 100%.

Note: I tested with original batt and Eastmaze 1500 mah bl-5j

Frost, just letting you know if you have ordered japod bl-5j from DX. They might send you the 1150 mah one for fake chinese n900 instead the 1350 mah. I got mine 1 month ago the 1150 mah one.

Originally Posted by jpurnomosidi View Post
Has anybody ever reached 100% charging (Advanced Power status) from micro usb charging (nokia usb cable or adapter)? Mine is varies; 94.6% or sometimes reached the highest 97.6% with green light led on but never 100%.

Don't think you will ever reach 100% on normal charging (USB).
with my dedicated charger i get 105% , it charges the battery to 4.22V (limit is around 4.23V)

------------------------
Well the japods will be tested and then we will see if i receive the 1150mAh or better.
This week i should be getting the rest of the battery's from EBAY and by next week the japods should turn up.

Originally Posted by jpurnomosidi View Post

The default battery meter is quite clueless. I wouldn't pay any attention to it.

Edit: And advanced power also uses the same battery meter as the default battery icon

Last edited by shadowjk; 2010-11-22 at 12:27.

I have also purchased a genuine battery from dealextreme for $16. It is a completely legit battery, and functions EXACTLY as the original stock one does.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32444
I recommend this battery to anyone and everyone, it is WELL worth it over the cheap ebay knock offs, and it is a STEAL compared to what nokia charges.

Also, dr_frost, I highly recommend you test that battery NEXT, because it really is the best, and completely legit.

reply:
Yes, I am sorry if I was not clear, I did see it on the list. I just wanted to recommend that it be the next battery you test out of all the ones on the list.

Last edited by moisturerichsoy; 2010-11-24 at 16:46.

Originally Posted by moisturerichsoy View Post
I have also purchased a genuine battery from dealextreme for $16. It is a completely legit battery, and functions EXACTLY as the original stock one does.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32444
I recommend this battery to anyone and everyone, it is WELL worth it over the cheap ebay knock offs, and it is a STEAL compared to what nokia charges.

Also, dr_frost, I highly recommend you test that battery NEXT, because it really is the best, and completely legit.
It's on the list, did you read post #1?

Will be ordered 12/01.
Hope to test that battery in max 40 days. (hopefully)

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-11-24 at 18:51.

hehe, i have just checked up on the EBAY seller 'christgift' who sells the battery that has 1250mAh (=GOOD).

seems that he has been getting a lot of orders on that battery from 17. November, so my results can be used
he did not have any orders on the battery from my buy on the 8. Nov until 17 Nov

I posted the result of that battery 16. November

hopefully before the weekend i will have some more test results ready on the other EBAY battery's

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-11-24 at 22:48.

Testing complete for Nokia BL-5J Battery from 'oig.buy' (EBAY)

see page #1, post #1 for results.

The IC that is attached to the stock battery, regulates overcharging?

Can you, safely, run thin gauge wire between the battery and the phone contact pads, and feed 5v? BME wouldn't see the power since it's not coming through the microusb port, however, it would charge the battery.

Do you need an inline IC or will the battery automatically switch off when it's full?

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc