Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
dmm_buffer.h is licensed under LGPL v2.1 and copyright holders according to the file header are Felipe Contreras (felipec@TMO) and Nokia Corporation.

While I am not a lawyer, my understanding is that if you use parts of LGPL-ed code(as source, not external library), you should open-source your application.
Unless you have permission from the copyright holders, of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Unless you have permission from the copyright holders, of course.
Well, last 20 minutes or so I was reading through LGPL and I didn't see such clause, but again, I am not a lawyer. And even if LGPL allows that I highly doubt that is the case with abc and blessn900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Well, last 20 minutes or so I was reading through LGPL and I didn't see such clause, but again,....
Remember, copyright holders are free to do with their code whatever they want, including giving permission or relicensing as they see fit.
... I highly doubt that is the case with abc and blessn900.
That's entirely another matter
And I'm sure that, once informed, the copyright holders (Felipe or Nokia or both) will deal properly with this issue.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by AWasisto View Post
I was trying to record a 720p video without CSSU's 'camera-ui', I used 'gst-launch-0.10' command. but I got . . .

Code:
BusyBox v1.19.3 (Debian 1.19.3power5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ cd MyDocs
~/MyDocs $ gst-launch-0.10 -v v4l2camsrc device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw-yuv,w
idth=1280, height=720!dspmp4venc !avimux!filesink location=test.avi
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2CamSrc:v4l2camsrc0.GstPad:src: caps = video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)UYVY, framerate=(fraction)30/1, width=(int)1280, height=(int)720
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2CamSrc:v4l2camsrc0.GstPad:src: caps = video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)UYVY, framerate=(fraction)30/1, width=(int)1280, height=(int)720
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0.GstPad:src: caps = video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)UYVY, framerate=(fraction)30/1, width=(int)1280, height=(int)720
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0.GstPad:sink: caps = video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)UYVY, framerate=(fraction)30/1, width=(int)1280, height=(int)720
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDspHdMp4VEnc:dsphdmp4venc0.GstPad:src: caps = video/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)4, systemstream=(boolean)false, width=(int)1280, height=(int)720, framerate=(fraction)30/1
create_node: dsp node allocate failed
sink_setcaps: dsp node creation failed
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2CamSrc:v4l2camsrc0: Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2378): gst_base_src_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2CamSrc:v4l2camsrc0:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)
Execution ended after 143585217 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDspHdMp4VEnc:dsphdmp4venc0.GstPad:src: caps = NULL
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0.GstPad:src: caps = NULL
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0.GstPad:sink: caps = NULL
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2CamSrc:v4l2camsrc0.GstPad:src: caps = NULL
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...
~/MyDocs $
What should I do? Anyone can help me?
Thanks.
Your /root/ directory is probably full.
Try this:
Code:
gst-launch-0.10 -v v4l2camsrc device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=1280, height=720!dspmp4venc !avimux!filesink location=/home/user/MyDocs/test.avi

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Remember, copyright holders are free to do with their code whatever they want, including giving permission or relicensing as they see fit.
OK, if you say so, I am not knowledgeable enough on the matter to argue

That's entirely another matter
And I'm sure that, once informed, the copyright holders (Felipe or Nokia or both) will deal properly with this issue.
TBH I don't want some kind of license war, would prefer to play it gently, i.e. those who have the software purchased/installed to ask the author for the source code. But if there is no development in a week or so, I will inform Felipe, judging from his blog and other sources he will not leave the things as they are .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ sofia, bulgaria
Those who have problems with abettercamera, find attached a zip, containing some DSP codecs and OMX JPEG encoder. Extract the files in appropriate places :

contents of lib/dsp goes to /lib/dsp
contents of usr/lib goes to /usr/lib
Thanks freemangordon, this really helped. Now ABC is functional again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lidow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Any reason to upgrade to the newer libgstdsp if you dont use ABC?

Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Any reason to upgrade to the newer libgstdsp if you dont use ABC?
new libgstdsp is in no way related to abc, you can upgrade if you wish, it has several fixes compared to current one, but better wait until I finally make up my mind and decide how to distribute all this stuff.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
installed latest libgstdsp..this file is related to image quality for pictures right?..when i capture a picture with the cam, then go to image viewer, see details and the image quality always show 85,5%..is this normal?..thought the debate was between 95 and 100%..so i am kind of disapointed..or is just an image viewer bug?

Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
installed latest libgstdsp..this file is related to image quality for pictures right?
No. Also the "latest" is on the first page, the library i've attached a few posts ago was intended as a test whether it fixes the problem with ABC. When there is a new release I will announce it here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player